- •Pediatric thyroid volume and measurements in all three dimensions show a tendency to increase until 18 years of age.
- •The depth of the right lobe shows the strongest correlation with thyroid volume.
- •Reference data will be helpful for screening of the thyroid gland in the pediatric population.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Determination of thyroid volume by ultrasonic scanning.J Clin Ultrasound. 1974; 2: 143-147
- Sonographie determination of thyroid volume-comparison with other methods.Nuklearmedizin Archive. 1981; 20: 64-71
- The determination of thyroid volume by ultrasound and its relationship to body weight, age, and sex in normal subjects.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1983; 56: 260-263
- Diagnostic ultrasound E-book.Elsevier Health Sciences, 2017
- Bull World Health Organ. 1997; 75: 95-97
- Thyroid volumes in a national sample of iodine-sufficient Swiss school children: comparison with the World Health Organization/International Council for the control of iodine deficiency disorders normative thyroid volume criteria.Eur J Endocrinol. 2000; 142: 599-603
- Ultrasound evaluation of thyroid size: a large nationwide study of schoolchildren in India.Natl Med J India. 2008; 21: 69-74
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of the thyroid gland volume among 8–15-year-old children in Isfahan, Iran.Adv Biomed Res. 2014; 3: 9
- New reference values for thyroid volume by ultrasound in iodine-sufficient schoolchildren: a World Health Organization/nutrition for health and development iodine deficiency study group report.Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 79: 231-237
- Comparative ultrasound measurement of normal thyroid gland dimensions in school aged children in our local environment.Niger J Clin Pract. 2012; 15: 285-292
- A survey of iodine intake and thyroid volume in Dutch schoolchildren: reference values in an iodine-sufficient area and the effect of puberty.Eur J Endocrinol. 2001; 144: 595-603
- Thyroid volume measured by ultrasonography and CT.Acta Radiol. 2002; 43: 269-274
- Thyroid dimensions of Korean adults on routine neck computed tomography and its relationship to age, sex, and body size.Surg Radiol Anat. 2006; 28: 25-32
- Normal cross-sectional dimensions of the thyroid gland on routine chest CT scans.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2002; 26: 346-348
- Estimation of thyroid gland volume by spiral computed tomography.Eur Radiol. 1997; 7: 214-216
- Systematic determination of thyroid volume by ultrasound examination from infancy to adolescence in Japan: the Fukushima Health Management Survey.Endocr J. 2015; 62: 261-268
- Classification of thyroid size by palpation and ultrasonography in field surveys.Lancet. 2000; 355: 106-110
- Ultrasound volumetric measurement of the Normal thyroid gland in Nigerians.West African Journal of Ultrasound. 2001; 2
- Normative data of thyroid volume-ultrasonographic evaluation of 422 subjects aged 0–55 years.J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol. 2015; 7: 98-101
- Factors influencing thyroid volume in Chinese children.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2013; 67: 1138
- Determination of thyroid volume by ultrasonography among schoolchildren in Philippines.Int J Endocrinol. 2012; 2012