- •Non-contrast MRI was better than MDCT in differentiating pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma from focal pancreatitis.
- •Non-contrast MRI was comparable to whole MRI in differentiating pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma from focal pancreatitis.
- •Presence of peritumoural cyst showed the highest odds ratio for predicting pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
- •The tiny peritumoural cysts on T2WI were observed in 84.5% of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pancreatic pseudotumors: non-neoplastic solid lesions of the pancreas that clinically mimic pancreas cancer.Semin Diagn Pathol. 2004; 21: 260-267
- Non-neoplastic pancreatic lesions that may mimic malignancy.Semin Diagn Pathol. 2016; 33: 31-42
- Complications of pancreatic surgery.HPB (Oxford). 2005; 7: 99-108
- Nonneoplastic mimickers of pancreatic neoplasms.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2009; 133: 439-453
- The isoattenuating pancreatic adenocarcinoma: review of the literature and critical analysis.Surg Oncol. 2015; 24: 322-328
- Differentiation of mass-forming focal pancreatitis from pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: value of characterizing dynamic enhancement patterns on contrast-enhanced MR images by adding signal intensity color mapping.Eur Radiol. 2017; 27: 1722-1732
- Differentiating mass-forming autoimmune pancreatitis from pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma on the basis of contrast-enhanced MRI and DWI findings.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2016; 206: 291-300
- Magnetic resonance imaging findings of the mass-forming type of autoimmune pancreatitis: comparison with pancreatic adenocarcinoma.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2012; 36: 188-197
- Characteristic magnetic resonance features of focal autoimmune pancreatitis useful for differentiation from pancreatic cancer.Jpn J Radiol. 2012; 30: 296-309
- Pancreatic duct "icicle sign" on MRI for distinguishing autoimmune pancreatitis from pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma in the proximal pancreas.Eur Radiol. 2015; 25: 1551-1560
- Visually Isoattenuating pancreatic adenocarcinoma at dynamic-enhanced CT: frequency, clinical and pathologic characteristics, and diagnosis at imaging examinations.Radiology. 2010; 257: 87-96
- Preoperative detection of small pancreatic carcinoma: value of adding diffusion-weighted imaging to conventional MR imaging for improving confidence level.Radiology. 2014; 273: 433-443
- Gadolinium-based contrast agent accumulates in the brain even in subjects without severe renal dysfunction: evaluation of autopsy brain specimens with inductively coupled plasma mass spectroscopy.Radiology. 2015; 276: 228-232
- Autoimmune pancreatitis: pancreatic and extrapancreatic imaging findings.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2009; 192: 431-437
- Autoimmune pancreatitis: radiologic findings in 20 patients.Abdom Imaging. 2006; 31: 94-102
- Clinical and imaging features of autoimmune pancreatitis with focal pancreatic swelling or mass formation: comparison with so-called tumor-forming pancreatitis and pancreatic carcinoma.Am J Gastroenterol. 2003; 98: 2679-2687
- Missed pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: assessment of early imaging findings on prediagnostic magnetic resonance imaging.Eur J Radiol. 2015; 84: 1473-1479
- Slight dilatation of the main pancreatic duct and presence of pancreatic cysts as predictive signs of pancreatic cancer: a prospective study.Radiology. 2010; 254: 965-972
- Pancreatic cancer in patients with pancreatic cystic lesions: a prospective study in 197 patients.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006; 4: 1265-1270
- Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas with cystic features: neither rare nor uniform.Mod Pathol. 2005; 18: 1157-1164
- Isolated Main pancreatic duct dilatation: CT differentiation between benign and malignant causes.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017; 209: 1046-1055
- Small (</=20 mm) pancreatic adenocarcinomas: analysis of enhancement patterns and secondary signs with multiphasic multidetector CT.Radiology. 2011; 259: 442-452
- Diagnostic performance of endoscopic ultrasound for detection of pancreatic malignancy following an indeterminate multidetector CT scan: a systemic review and meta-analysis.Surg Endosc. 2017; 31: 4558-4567
- A multicentre comparative prospective blinded analysis of EUS and MRI for screening of pancreatic cancer in high-risk individuals.Gut. 2016; 65: 1505-1513
- Detection of pancreatic carcinoma and liver metastases with gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR imaging: comparison with contrast-enhanced multi-detector row CT.Radiology. 2011; 260: 446-453
- Mass-forming autoimmune pancreatitis and pancreatic carcinoma: differential diagnosis on the basis of computed tomography and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography, and diffusion-weighted imaging findings.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2012; 35: 827-836