- •Ki-67 is a marker of cellular proliferation commonly used for rhabdomyosarcoma assessment.
- •Rhabdomyosarcoma demonstrates radiological-pathological correlation.
- •Rhabdomyosarcoma lymphatic spread detected by radiological images is associated with Ki-67 values.
- •Rhabdomyosarcoma lymphatic and metastatic spread demonstrated on radiological images are associated with primary tumor size.
Materials and methods
Abbreviations:RMS (rhabdomyosarcoma), CT (computed tomography), ROC (receiver operating characteristic), AUC (area under the curves), PPV (positive predictive values), NPV (negative predictive values)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Childhood rhabdomyosarcoma: new insight on biology and treatment.Curr Oncol Rep. 2010; 12: 402-410
- Pretreatment TNM staging of childhood rhabdomyosarcoma: a report of the Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study Group. Children's Cancer Study Group. Pediatric Oncology Group.Cancer. 1997; 80: 1165-1170
- European intergroup studies (MMT4-89 and MMT4-91) on childhood metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma: final results and analysis of prognostic factors.J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 4787-4794
- Childhood soft tissue sarcomas incidence and survival in European children (1978–1997): report from the Automated Childhood Cancer Information System project.Eur J Cancer (Oxford, England: 1990). 2006; 42: 2136-2149
- Recent advances in understanding and managing rhabdomyosarcoma.F1000Prime Rep. 2015; 7: 59
- Prognostic value of Ki-67 expression in 182 soft tissue sarcomas. Proliferation–a marker of metastasis?.Acta Pathol Microbiol Immunol Scand. 1994; 102: 915-924
- High Ki-67 proliferative index predicts disease specific survival in patients with high-risk soft tissue sarcomas.Cancer. 2001; 92: 869-874
- Orbital rhabdomyosarcoma: relationship between DNA ploidy, p 53, bcl-2, MDR-1 and Ki67 (MIB1) expression and clinical behavior.Anticancer Res. 2004; 24: 249-257
- DNA content and proliferative activity in pediatric genitourinary rhabdomyosarcoma.Pediatr Pathol Mol Med. 2003; 22: 143-152
- Clinical relevance of DNA ploidy and proliferative activity in childhood rhabdomyosarcoma: a retrospective analysis of patients enrolled onto the Italian Cooperative Rhabdomyosarcoma Study RMS88.J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 1997; 15: 1198-1205
- The prognostic importance of nuclear morphometry and the MIB-1 index in rhabdomyosarcoma [corrected].Mod Pathol. 1996; 9: 253-260
- Prognostic significance of DNA ploidy and proliferative index (MIB-1 index) in childhood rhabdomyosarcoma.Am J Clin Pathol. 2004; 121: 358-365
- New response evaluation criteria in solid tumours: revised RECIST guideline (version 1.1).Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45: 228-247
- Pathways of lymphatic spread in male urogenital pelvic malignancies.Radiographics. 2011; 31: 135-160
- Nodal staging.Cancer Imaging. 2009; 9: 104-111
- Lymphatic metastases with childhood rhabdomyosarcoma. A report from the Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study.Cancer. 1987; 60: 910-915
- Prognostic significance of staging factors of the UICC staging system in childhood rhabdomyosarcoma: a report from the Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study (IRS-II).J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 1987; 5: 46-54
- Is there a role for sentinel lymph node biopsy in the management of sarcoma?.Surg Oncol. 2003; 12: 201-206
- Histologic and clinical characteristics can guide staging evaluations for children and adolescents with rhabdomyosarcoma: a report from the Children's Oncology Group Soft Tissue Sarcoma Committee.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 3226
- Prognostic factors in metastatic rhabdomyosarcomas: results of a pooled analysis from United States and European cooperative groups.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 2384