- •MRI and fused FDG PET/MRI detected all indeterminate liver lesions.
- •FDG PET/MRI could better characterise liver lesions compared to MRI or FDG PET/CT alone.
- •Fused PET/MRI was superior to MRI and PET/CT for identifying malignant lesions.
Materials and method
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Controversies in the management of colorectal liver metastases: role of PET and PET/CT.Dig Surg. 2008; 25: 413-420
- Value of PET/CT in the management of liver metastases, part 1.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2011; 197: W256-W259
- Remote sonographic interpretation: comparison of standardized video clips to still images.J Clin Ultrasound. 2012; 40: 495-501
- Efficacy of SPIO-MR imaging in the diagnosis of liver metastases from colorectal carcinomas.Dig Surg. 2003; 20: 321-325
- Hepatic metastases from colorectal cancer: preoperative detection and assessment of resectability with helical CT.Radiology. 2001; 218: 55-60
- Detection of hepatic metastases from cancers of the gastrointestinal tract by using noninvasive imaging methods (US, CT, MR imaging, PET): a meta-analysis.Radiology. 2002; 224: 748-756
- The role of whole-body positron emission tomography with [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose in identifying operable colorectal cancer metastases to the liver.Arch Surg. 1996; 131: 703-707
- Preoperative imaging for hepatic resection of colorectal cancer metastasis.J Gastrointest Oncol. 2012; 3: 11-18
- Additional value of FDG-PET/CT in management of “solitary” liver metastases: preliminary results of a prospective multicenter study.Mol Imaging Biol. 2010; 12: 139-144
- Value of retrospective fusion of PET and MR images in detection of hepatic metastases: comparison with 18F-FDG PET/CT and Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MRI.J Nucl Med. 2010; 51: 692-699
- Depiction and characterization of liver lesions in whole body [(1)(8)F]-FDG PET/MRI.Eur J Radiol. 2013; 82: e669-e675
- FDG PET and PET/CT: EANM procedure guidelines for tumour PET imaging: version 1.0.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2010; 37: 181-200
- Diagnostic imaging of colorectal liver metastases with CT, MR imaging, FDG PET, and/or FDG PET/CT: a meta-analysis of prospective studies including patients who have not previously undergone treatment.Radiology. 2010; 257: 674-684
- Comparison of MRI (including SS SE-EPI and SPIO-enhanced MRI) and FDG-PET/CT for the detection of colorectal liver metastases.Eur Radiol. 2009; 19: 370-379
- Prospective evaluation of the impact of [18F]fluoro‑2‑deoxy‑d‑glucose positron emission tomography of resectable colorectal liver metastases.Br J Surg. 2005; 92: 362-369
- Correlation between standardized uptake value and apparent diffusion coefficient of neoplastic lesions evaluated with whole-body simultaneous hybrid PET/MRI.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013; 201: 1115-1119
- Dual-time-point FDG-PET/CT for the detection of hepatic metastases.Mol Imaging Biol. 2008; 10: 335-340
☆No conflict of interest to disclose.