Abbreviations:OPSCC (oropharyngeal squamous cell cancer), HNSCC (head and neck squamous cell cancer), FDG-PET/CT (18F-Fluoro-d-glucose-positron emission tomography/computed tomography), CRT (chemoradiotherapy), SUV (standardized uptake value)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- SEER stat fact sheets: oral cavity and pharynx cancer. Institute. NC, 2017
- Head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: update on epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment.Mayo Clin Proc. 2016; 91: 386-396
- Clinical utility of 18F-FDG PET/CT in assessing the neck after concurrent chemoradiotherapy for Locoregional advanced head and neck cancer.J Nucl Med. 2008; 49: 532-540
- Chapter 3 the role of PET/CT in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.Semin Ultrasound CT MR. 2017; 38: 479-494
- Postradiation metabolic tumor volume predicts outcome in head-and-neck cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 80: 514-521
- 18F-FDG-PET/CT parameters as imaging biomarkers in oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma, is visual analysis of PET and contrast enhanced CT better than the numbers?.Eur J Radiol. 2015; 84: 1171-1176
- The predictive role of interim positron emission tomography for Hodgkin lymphoma treatment outcome is confirmed using the interpretation criteria of the Deauville five-point scale.Haematologica. 2014; 99: 1107-1113
- Head and neck PET/CT therapy response interpretation criteria (Hopkins criteria) - external validation study.Am J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017; 7: 174-180
- Head and neck PET/CT: therapy response interpretation criteria (Hopkins criteria)-interreader reliability, accuracy, and survival outcomes.J Nucl Med. 2014; 55: 1411-1416
- Qualitative interpretation of PET scans using a Likert scale to assess neck node response to radiotherapy in head and neck cancer.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2016; 43: 609-616
- Diagnostic performance of post-treatment FDG PET or FDG PET/CT imaging in head and neck cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2011; 38: 2083-2095
- 18F-FDG PET as a routine posttreatment surveillance tool in oral and oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma: a prospective study.J Nucl Med. 2009; 50: 1940-1947
- Results of a prospective study of positron emission tomography-directed management of residual nodal abnormalities in node-positive head and neck cancer after definitive radiotherapy with or without systemic therapy.Head Neck. 2011; 33: 1675-1682
- Optimal timing of first posttreatment FDG PET/CT in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.Head Neck. 2016; 38: E853-E858
- Prospective risk-adjusted [18F]Fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography and computed tomography assessment of radiation response in head and neck cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 2509-2515
- Revisiting the role of positron-emission tomography/computed tomography in determining the need for planned neck dissection following chemoradiation for advanced head and neck cancer.Laryngoscope. 2009; 119: 2150-2155
☆Preliminary results of this study was presented as an electronic educational poster at ASNR 56th Annual Meeting. June 2–7, 2018 Vancouver Convention Centre East. Vancouver, BC, Canada.