- •Radiologists vary in practice with some obtaining a grid image to mark the skin overlying a biopsy target prior to biopsy.
- •Grid imaging prior to biopsy increases the number of images obtained but decreases retargeting and biopsy table time.
- •Grid imaging uses room/technologist time and should be used judiciously when prone positioning is challenging to patients.
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Decreased breast cancer mortality through mammographic screening: results of clinical trials.Radiology. 1988; 167: 659-665
- Update of the Swedish two- county program of mammographic screening for breast cancer.Radiol Clin North Am. 1992; 30: 187-210
- Screening for breast cancer: systematic evidence review update for the US Preventive Services Task Force.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: 727-737
- Survival experience in the breast cancer detection demonstration project.Cancer J Clin. 1987; 37: 258-290
- Stereotactic breast biopsy.Cancer J Clin. May–Jun 1994; 44: 172-191
- Image-guided methods for biopsy of suspicious breast lesions.J Surg Oncol. 2011; 103: 299-305
- Stereotactic breast biopsy: pitfalls and pearls.Tech Vasc Interv Radiol. Mar 2014; 17: 32-39
- Percutaneous image-guided core breast biopsy.Radiol Clin North Am. 2002; 40: 483-500
- Image-guided breast biopsy: state-of-the-art.Clin Radiol. 2010; 65: 259-270
- A comparison of the accuracy of two minimally invasive breast biopsy methods: a systematic literature review and meta-analysis.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2006; 274: 63-73
- Breast intervention: how I do it.Radiology. 2013; 268: 12-24
- Imaging-guided interventional techniques.Springer, 2003 (Chapter 5 By L Liberman Stereotactic Core Biopsy, pp. 92–93)
- The developing asymmetry: revisiting a perceptual and diagnostic challenge.Radiology. 2015; 274: 642-651
- Stereotactic breast biopsy.Radiol Technol. 2001; 72: 431-454
- Digital breast tomosynthesis-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy: initial experience and comparison with prone stereotactic vacuum-assisted biopsy.Radiology. 2014; 274: 654-662