- •The Quiet T2 pulse sequence produced less acoustic noise than standard T2.
- •No difference in bile duct blurring, respiratory ghosting or pulsation
- •No difference in fat suppression or hepatic parenchymal depiction
- •Quiet T2 had more streak artifacts than standard T2.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- ART PROPELLER MRI techniques match the quality of conventional PROPELLER brain imaging techniques.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2015; 36: 1124-1127
- Auditory noise associated with MR procedures: a review.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2000; 12: 37-45
- Potential hearing loss resulting from MR imaging.Radiology. 1988; 169: 539-540
- Inaudible functional MRI using a truly mute gradient echo sequence.Neuroradiology. 2002; 44: 893-899
- Effect of MRI noise on cochlear function.Lancet. 2002; 359: 1485
- Acoustic noise reduction in MRI using Silent Scan: an initial experience.Diagn Interv Radiol. 2014; 20: 360-363
- Image quality assessment of silent T2 PROPELLER sequence for brain imaging in infants.Br J Radiol. 2018; 91: 20170680
- Paediatric MRI under sedation: is it necessary? What is the evidence for the alternatives?.Pediatr Radiol. 2011; 41: 1353-1364
- T2-weighted MRI of the upper abdomen: comparison of four fat-suppressed T2-weighted sequences including PROPELLER (BLADE) technique.. 2010; 17: 368-374
- PROPELLER technique to improve image quality of MRI of the shoulder.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2011; 197: 1093-1100
- MRI artifact reduction and quality improvement in the upper abdomen with PROPELLER and prospective acquisition correction (PACE) technique.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2008; 191: 1154-1158
- Quiet MR sequences in clinical routine: initial experience in abdominal imaging.Radiol Med. 2017; 122: 194-203
“Mann-Whitney U Test Calculator.” Social Science Statistics, www.socscistatistics.com/tests/mannwhitney/Default2.aspx. Accessed Oct. 22 2017.
“QuickCalcs: Quantify interrater agreement with kappa.” GraphPad Software, www.graphpad.com/quickcalcs/kappa1.cfm. Accesses Oct. 22 2017.
- Active acoustic screening: design principles for quiet gradient coils in MRI.Magn Reson Med. 1994; 33: 276-281
- Parallel imaging-based reduction of acoustic noise for clinical magnetic resonance imaging.Invest Radiol. 2014; 49: 620-606
- Evaluation of motion correction effect and image quality with the periodically rotated overlapping parallel lines with enhanced reconstruction (PROPELLER) (BLADE) and parallel imaging acquisition technique in the upper abdomen.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2008; 28: 957-962
- Multishot PROPELLER for high-field preclinical MRI.Magn Reson Med. 2010; 64: 47-53
- Noise removal in magnetic resonance diffusion tensor imaging.Magn Reson Med. 2005; 54: 393-401