- •SAVI SCOUT® is successfully used for breast localizations in most cases.
- •Single excisions, bracketing and axillary lymph nodes are all amenable to SCOUT®.
- •The most common issue encountered was difficulty in obtaining an audible signal.
- •Audible signal difficulties are attributed to depth, hematoma or faulty reflector.
Subjects and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Reduction in late-stage breast cancer incidence in the mammography era: implications for overdiagnosis of invasive cancer.Cancer. 2014; 120: 2649-2656
- Development of wire localization for occult breast lesions: Boston remembrances.Radiology. 2013; 268: 622-627
- A prospective, single arm, multi-site, clinical evaluation of a nonradioactive surgical guidance technology for the location of nonpalpable breast lesions during excision.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016; 23: 3168-3174
- Pilot study of a new nonradioactive surgical guidance technology for locating nonpalpable breast lesions.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016; 23: 1824-1830
- Evaluation of the SAVI SCOUT surgical guidance system for localization and excision of nonpalpable breast lesions: a feasibility study.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2016; : W1-W4
- Beyond wires and seeds: reflector-guided breast lesion localization and excision.Radiology. 2017; 284: 365-371
- Localization for breast surgery: the next generation.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2017; 141: 1324-1329
- A prospective clinical study to evaluate the safety and performance of wireless localization of nonpalpable breast lesions using radiofrequency identification technology.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2015; 204: W720-W723
- Spring hookwire breast lesion localizer: use with rigid-compression mammographic systems.Radiology. 1985; 157: 537-538
- Reflector and delivery system instructions for use.https://www.ciannamedical.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/ultrasound-reflector-placement.pdfDate: 2015Date accessed: May 15, 2018
- Reflector-guided breast tumor localization versus wire localization for lumpectomies: a comparison of surgical outcomes.Clin Imaging. 2017; 47: 14-17
- Preoperative tomosynthesis-guided needle localization of mammographically and sonographically occult breast lesions.Radiology. 2015; 275: 377-383
- Heading toward radioactive seed localization in non-palpable breast cancer surgery? A meta-analysis.J Surg Oncol. 2015; 111: 185-191
- Utilization of multiple SAVI SCOUT surgical guidance system reflectors in the same breast: a single-institution feasibility study.Breast J. 2017; 24: 531-534
- Implementing the SAVI SCOUT system in community radiology practice.J Am Coll Radiol. 2017; 14: 1234-1238
- Cianna medical announces next generation technology – SCOUT® radar localization system to provide instant response and real-time distance measurement.https://www.ciannamedical.com/cianna_news_releases/cianna-medical-announces-next-generation-technology-scout-radar-localization-system-provide-instant-response-real-time-distance-measurement/Date: 2017Date accessed: February 8, 2018
- FDA clears world's first and only wire-free radar breast tumor localization system for long term implant capabilities.https://www.ciannamedical.com/cianna_news_releases/fda-clears-worlds-first-wire-free-radar-breast-tumor-localization-system-long-term-implant-capabilities/Date: 2017Date accessed: February 8, 2018
☆This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
☆Institutional review board approval was obtained for this retrospective study.