- •Fibroblast foci and honeycombing are hallmarks for pathology diagnosis of UIP but there is overlap with ACF and fibrotic NSIP.
- •UIP demonstrates normal tissue adjacent to fibrosis and traction bronchiolectasis and honeycombing on same image.
- •NSIP demonstrates homogeneous fibrosis. Geographic and temporal heterogeneity, honeycombing, and fibroblastic foci are usually absent.
- •ACF demonstrate fibrotic changes following the bronchovascular bundles. The ACF and bronchioloitis cause air-trapping.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) in India: results of a prospective registry.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. Mar 15 2017; 195: 801-813
- A prospective survey of idiopathic interstitial pneumonias in a web registry in Japan.RespirInvestig. Mar 2015; 53: 51-59
- Chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis: differentiation from idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and nonspecific interstitial pneumonia by using thin-section CT.Radiology. Jan 2008; 246: 288-297
- An official ATS/ERS/JRS/ALAT statement: idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: evidence-based guidelines for diagnosis and management.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011 Mar 15; 183: 788-824
- An official American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society statement: update of the international multidisciplinary classification of the idiopathic interstitial pneumonias.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. Sep 15 2013; 188: 733-748
- Chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis in patients diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: a prospective case-cohort study.Lancet Respir Med. Nov 2013; 1: 685-694
- Smith (2016) update on pulmonary fibrosis: not all fibrosis is created equally.Arch Pathol Lab Med. March 2016; 140: 221-229
- Isolated diffuse ground-glass opacity in thoracic CT: causes and clinical presentations.Chest Imaging. February 2005; 184
- High prevalence of abnormal acid gastro-oesophageal reflux in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.Eur Respir J. 2006; 27: 136-142
- PapirisSA.Combined pulmonary fibrosis and emphysema: the many aspects of a cohabitation contract.Respir Med. Aug 2016; 117: 14-26
- CT of chronic infiltrative lung disease: prevalence of mediastinal lymphadenopathy.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1996 Mar–Apr; 20: 305-308
- Telomeropathies: an emerging spectrum of disorders with important implications for patients with interstitial lung disease.Minerva Med. 2016 Feb; 107: 9-14
- Nonspecific interstitial pneumonia/fibrosis. Histologic features and clinical significance.Am J Surg Pathol. 1994; 18: 136-147
- Nonspecific interstitial pneumonia and usual interstitial pneumonia: is differentiation possible by high-resolution computed tomography?.Semin Ultrasound CT MR. 2014 Feb; 35: 24-28
- Nonspecific interstitial pneumonia and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: changes in pattern and distribution of disease over time.Radiology. 2008; 247: 251-259
- Pathology of chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis what is it? What are the diagnostic criteria? Why do we care?.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2018 Jan; 142: 109-119
- MicroCT for developmental biology: a versatile tool for high-contrast 3D imaging at histological resolutions.Dev Dyn. 2009; 238: 632-640
- Thin-section CT features of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis correlated with micro-CT and histologic analysis.Am J Roentgenol. 2005; 184: 613-622