- •Combined B-mode US and Emax had the highest improvement in specificity and accuracy compared with B-mode.
- •Emax (cutoff, 145.7kPa) appeared to be the most discriminatory parameter.
- •The sensitivity of SWE parameters in combination with B-mode US was significantly lower than B-mode US alone.
Abbreviations:SWE (shear-wave elastography), US (ultrasound), Emax (max elasticity), Emean (mean elasticity), Eratio (elasticity ratio), SD (standard deviation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Potential role of shear-wave ultrasound elastography for the differential diagnosis of breast non-mass lesions: preliminary report.Eur Radiol. 2014; 24: 305-311
- Clinical application of qualitative assessment for breast masses in shear-wave elastography.Eur J Radiol. 2013; 82e680-e5
- Diagnostic performances of shear wave elastography: which parameter to use in differential diagnosis of solid breast masses?.Eur Radiol. 2013; 23: 1803-1811
- Diagnostic performance of quantitative shear wave elastography in the evaluation of solid breast masses: determination of the most discriminatory parameter.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 203: W328-W336
- Quantitative shear wave elastography: correlation with prognostic histologic features and immunohistochemical biomarkers of breast cancer.Acad Radiol. 2015; 22: 269-277
- Shear-wave elastography of invasive breast cancer: correlation between quantitative mean elasticity value and immunohistochemical profile.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013; 138: 119-126
- Visually assessed colour overlay features in shear-wave elastography for breast masses: quantification and diagnostic performance.Eur Radiol. 2013; 23: 658-663
- Clinical application of shear wave elastography (SWE) in the diagnosis of benign and malignant breast diseases.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011; 129: 89-97
- Diagnostic performance and color overlay pattern in shear wave elastography (SWE) for palpable breast mass.Eur J Radiol. 2015; 84: 1943-1948
- Differentiating benign from malignant solid breast masses: value of shear wave elastography according to lesion stiffness combined with greyscale ultrasound according to BI-RADS classification.Br J Cancer. 2012; 107: 224-229
- ACR BI-RADS Atlas, breast imaging reporting and data system.American College of Radiology, Reston, VA2013
- Pattern classification of ShearWaveTM Elastography images for differential diagnosis between benign and malignant solid breast masses.Acta Radiol. 2011; 52: 1069-1075
- A set of shear wave elastography quantitative parameters combined with ultrasound BI-RADS to assess benign and malignant breast lesions.Ultrasound Med Biol. 2015; 41: 960-966
- Shearwave elastography increases diagnostic accuracy in characterization of breast lesions.Medicine. 2016; 95e3146
- Stiffness of tumours measured by shear-wave elastography correlated with subtypes of breast cancer.Eur Radiol. 2013; 23: 2450-2458
- Shear-wave elastography improves the specificity of breast US: the BE1 multinational study of 939 masses.Radiology. 2012; 262: 435-449
- Qualitative pattern classification of shear wave elastography for breast masses: how it correlates to quantitative measurements.Eur J Radiol. 2013; 82: 2199-2204
- What are the characteristics of breast cancers misclassified as benign by quantitative ultrasound shear wave elastography?.Eur Radiol. 2014; 24: 921-926
- Shear wave elastography for breast masses is highly reproducible.Eur Radiol. 2012; 22: 1023-1032
- Validation of intra-and interobserver reproducibility of shearwave elastography: Phantom study.Ultrasonics. 2013; 53: 1039-1043
- Sonographically guided 14-gauge core needle biopsy of breast masses: a review of 2,420 cases with long-term follow-up.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2008; 190: 202-207
- False-negative results after stereotactically guided vacuum biopsy.Eur Radiol. 2008; 18: 177-182
- Percutaneous ultrasound-guided vacuum-assisted removal versus surgery for breast lesions showing imaging-histology discordance after ultrasound-guided core-needle biopsy.Korean J Radiol. 2014; 15: 697-703