- •Collapsed simple renal cysts may simulate malignancy at imaging.
- •After collapsing, Bosniak category 1 cysts may have a more complex appearance.
- •Comparison with prior imaging may help in the diagnosis of collapsed simple cysts.
- •Collapsed simple cysts may be managed conservatively.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- CT of cystic renal masses: analysis of diagnostic performance and interobserver variation.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1997; 169: 813-818
- The morphology of renal cystic disease.Perspect Nephrol Hypertens. 1976; 4: 31-63
- The current radiological approach to renal cysts.Radiology. 1986; 158: 1-10
- An evaluation of Bosniak's radiological classification of cystic renal masses.BJU Int. 2000; 86: 607-609
- Bosniak classification for complex renal cysts: history and critical analysis.Radiol Bras. 2014; 47: 368-373
- The Bosniak classification of renal cystic masses.BJU Int. 2005; 95: 939-942
- Guidelines on the management of renal cyst disease.Can Urol Assoc J. 2010; 4: 98-99
- Incidence of malignancy in complex cystic renal masses (Bosniak category III): should imaging-guided biopsy precede surgery?.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2003; 180: 755-758
- Bosniak category III cysts are more likely to be malignant than we expected in the era of multidetector computed tomography technology.J Res Med Sci. 2014; 19: 634-638
- Complications of sporadic, hereditary, and acquired renal cysts: cross-sectional imaging findings.Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2014; 43: 80-90
- Natural 10-year history of simple renal cysts.Korean J Urol. 2015; 56: 351-356
- The 10-year natural history of simple renal cysts.Urology. 2008 Jan; 71: 7-11
- The natural history of simple renal cysts.J Urol. 2002; 167: 21-23
- Spontaneous rupture of a simple renal cyst to the pyelocalyceal system. Evolution from Bosniak I to IIF.Arch Esp Urol. 2008; 61: 439-441
- Rupture in polycystic kidney disease presented as generalized peritonitis with severe sepsis: a rare case report.Case Rep Urol. 2013; 2013927676
- Spontaneous rupture of a renal serous cyst in a pathologic calix.Actas Urol Esp. 1977; 1: 219-222
- Traumatic rupture of renal cyst into the retroperitoneum and the pyelocalyceal system.Int Urol Nephrol. 1983; 15: 117-119
- Case profile: spontaneous rupture of simple renal cyst into pyelocalyceal system.Urology. 1980; 15: 199-200
- Computed tomography of corpus luteal cysts.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2004; 28: 340-342