- •Sonoelastography increases accuracy of Sjögren's syndrome salivary gland involvement.
- •It increases effectiveness when added to B-mode US.
- •It gives measurement of strain ratio, which is a semi-quantitative value.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sjogren's syndrome.Lancet. 2005; 366: 321-331
- Autoimmune epithelitis.Clin Immunol Immunopathol. 1994; 72: 162-165
- Clinical evolution, and morbidity and mortality of primary Sjögren's syndrome.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2000; 29: 296-304
- Clinical manifestations and early diagnosis of Sjögren syndrome.Arch Intern Med. 2004; 164: 1275-84.21
- Classification criteria for Sjogren’s syndrome: a revised version of the European criteria proposed by the American-European Consensus Group.Ann Rheum Dis. 2002; 61: 554-558
- Preliminary criteria for the classification of Sjogren's syndrome. Results of a prospective concerted action supported by the European Community.Arthritis Rheum Dis. 1993; 36: 340-347
- American College of Rheumatology classification criteria for Sjögren’s syndrome: a datadriven, expert consensus approach in the Sjögren's International Collaborative Clinical Alliance Cohort.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2012; 64: 475-487
- Classification criteria for Sjögren's syndrome: we actually need to definitively resolve the long debate on the issue.Ann Rheum Dis. 2013; 72: 476-478
- Ultrasonography of major salivary glands could be an alternative tool to sialoscintigraphy in the American-European classification criteria for primary Sjögren's syndrome.Rheumatology. 2012; 51: 1081-1085
- Ultrasonography of salivary glands in primary Sjogren's syndrome: a comparison with contrast sialography and scintigraphy.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008; 47: 1244-1249
- Salivary gland ultrasonography: can it be an alternative to sialography as an imaging modality for Sjögren's syndrome.Ann Rheum Dis. 2010; 69: 1321-1341
- Ultrasonographic changes of major salivary glands in primary Sjögren's syndrome. Diagnostic value of a novel scoring system.Rheumatology, (Oxford). 2005; 44: 768-772
- Major salivary gland sonography in Sjogren's syndrome: diagnostic value of a novel ultrasonography score (0–12) for parenchymal inhomogeneity.Scand J Rheumatol. 2010; 39: 160-166
- Primary Sjögren's syndrome: diagnostic and prognostic value of salivary gland ultrasonography using a simplified scoring system.Arthritis Care Res. 2014; 66: 1102-1107
- Contributtion of salivary gland ultrasonography to the diagnosis of Sjögren's syndrome toward new diagnostic criteria?.Arthritis Rheum. 2013; 65: 216-225
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of major salivary glands in primary Sjögren's syndrome: comparison of two scoring systems.Rheumatology. 2015; 54: 1680-1687
- Ultrasonography of major salivary glands: a highly specific tool for distinguishing primary Sjögren's syndrome from undifferentiated connective tissue diseases.Rheumatology. 2015; 54: 2198-2204
- Salivary gland ultrasonography improves the diagnostic performance of the 2012 American College of Rheumatology classification criteria for Sjögren's syndrome.Rheumatology. 2014; 53: 1604-1607
- Elastography from theory to clinical applications.Summer Bioengineering Conference, June 25–29, Florida2003
- Realtime ultrasound elastography of the breast: state of the art.Med Ultrason. 2008; 10: 73-82
- Role of thyroid ultrasound in the diagnostic evaluation of thyroid nodules.Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008; 22: 913-928
- Elastography in the detection of prostatic cancer.Clin Radiol. 2002; 57: 1014-1020
- Elastography: a quantitative method for imaging the elasticity of biological tissues.Ultrasound Imaging. 1991; 13: 111-134
- Sonoelastography- a useful adjunct for parotid gland ultrasound assessment in patients suffering from chronic inflammation.Med Sci Monit. 2014; 20: 2311-2317
- Real-time sonoelastography of salivary glands for diagnosis and functional assessment of primary Sjögren's syndrome.Ultrasound Med Biol. 2014; 40: 2759-2767
- The role of salivary gland elastosonography in Sjögren's syndrome: preliminary results.Int J Rheum Dis. 2014; 17: 904-909
- Ultrasonography of salivary glands: a highly specific imaging procedure for diagnosis of Sjögren’s syndrome.J Rheumatol. 2008; 35: 285-293
- Diagnostic utility of Acoustic Radiation Force Impulse (ARFI) imaging in primary Sjoegren's syndrome.Eur Radiol. 2015; 25: 3027-3034
- Can ARFI elastometry of the salivary glands contribute to the diagnosis of Sjögren's syndrome?.Joint Bone Spine. 2016; 83: 301-306
- Reproducibility of acoustic radiation force impulse imaging in thyroid and salivary glands with experienced and inexperienced examiners.Ultrasound Med Biol. 2016; 42: 2130-2139