- •Aorto-Left Atrial fistulas are a rare complication of valve replacement procedures
- •While this entitiy can be evaluated with echocardiography, Cardiac CT has advantages in assessing for closure planning
- •Aorto-Left Atrial fistulas can present in patients with heart failure type symptoms due to a left-to-left shunt.
- •Percuatenous closure of aorto-atrial fistulas can be achieved with ventricular septal defect occlusion devices
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Clinical and echocardiographic features of aorto-atrial fistulas.Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2005; 3: 1
- Aorto-left atrial fistula: a reversible cause of acute refractory heart failure.CHEST. 1997; 111: 828-831
- Aortic dissection with aorto-left atrial fistula formation soon after aortic valve replacement: a lethal complication diagnosed by transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2002; 15: 1409-1411
- Aorta-atrial fistula, a rare complication of prosthetic valve endocarditis.Eur J Echocardiogr. 2008; 9: 419-421
- Unusual fistulas and connections in the cardiovascular system: a pictorial review.World J Radiol. 2014; 6: 169-176
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance artefacts.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2013; 15: 41
- Transcatheter closure of aorto-left atrial fistula using an Amplatzer Device.Rev Esp Cardiol. 2005; 58: 1121-1123
- Percutaneous closure of an aorta to left atrium fistula with an Amplatzer duct occluder.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2006; 67: 132-138
- Successful transcatheter closure of an aorto-left atrial fistula.Congenit Heart Dis. 2007; 2: 446-450