- •Castleman disease is a very rare cause of retroperitoneal mass in children.
- •PET/MR offers a combination of morphologic and metabolic imaging findings.
- •Typical imaging: avid enhancement, low-moderate FDG uptake and low ADC values
- •PET/MR helps to narrow down the diagnosis in one single examination.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Castleman disease: the great mimic.Radiographics. 2011; 31: 1793-1807
- The spectrum of Castleman's disease: mimics, radiologic pathologic correlation and role of imaging in patient management.Eur J Radiol. 2012; 81: 123-131
- Simultaneous whole-body PET/MR imaging in comparison to PET/CT in pediatric oncology: initial results.Radiology. 2014; 273: 220-231
- Hybrid PET/MR imaging in two sarcoma patients - clinical benefits and implications for future trials.Int J Clin Exp Med. 2014; 7: 640-648
- Extranodal Castleman disease of the extremities: a case report and review of the literature.Skeletal Radiol. 2014; 43: 1627-1631
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital; weekly clinicopathological exercises; founded by Richard C. Cabot.N Engl J Med. 1954; 251: 396-400
- Castleman's disease in childhood: report of three cases and review of the literature.Ital J Pediatr. 2011; 37: 50
- Fifty years of multicentric Castleman's disease.Acta oncologica (Stockholm, Sweden). 2004; 43: 698-704
- Paediatric Castleman disease: report of seven cases and review of the literature.Eur J Pediatr. 1999; 158: 631-637
- Castleman's disease: a rare mass in the pararenal retroperitoneum that mimics other tumors.Chin Med J (Engl). 2017; 130: 2126-2127
- Laparoscopic treatment of abdominal unicentric castleman's disease: a case report and literature review.BMC Surg. 2017; 17: 38
- Update and new approaches in the treatment of Castleman disease.J Blood Med. 2016; 7: 145-158
- Hyaline-vascular and plasma-cell types of giant lymph node hyperplasia of the mediastinum and other locations.Cancer. 1972; 29: 670-683
- Imaging spectrum of Castleman's disease.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2004; 182: 769-775
- Diffusion-weighted whole-body imaging with background body signal suppression in Castleman disease.Clin Imaging. 2013; 37: 185-188
- Multimodality imaging and clinical features in Castleman disease: single institute experience in 30 patients.Br J Radiol. 2015; 88: 24
- (18)F-FDG PET/CT in multicentric Castleman disease: a case report.Ann Transl Med. 2016; 4: 2305-5839
- FDG-PET and diffusion-weighted MR imaging appearance in retroperitoneal Castleman's disease: a case report.Clin Imaging. 2008; 32: 144-146
- Solid tumors of the peritoneum, omentum, and mesentery in children: radiologic-pathologic correlation: from the radiologic pathology archives.Radiographics. 2015; 35: 521-546
- Imaging findings of Castleman disease of the abdomen and pelvis.Abdom Imaging. 2008; 33: 482-488
- Comprehensive oncologic imaging in infants and preschool children with substantially reduced radiation exposure using combined simultaneous (1)(8)F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/magnetic resonance imaging: a direct comparison to (1)(8)F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography.Invest Radiol. 2016; 51: 7-14
- Metabolic characteristics of Castleman disease on 18F-FDG PET in relation to clinical implication.Clin Nucl Med. 2013; 38: 339-342
- FDG-PET appearance of pelvic Castleman's disease.J Nucl Med. 1997; 38: 1211-1212
- Application of 18F-FDG PET/CT images in the newly diagnosed extranodal NK/T cell lymphoma.Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2015; 23: 127-131
- Usefulness of the calculated apparent diffusion coefficient value in the differential diagnosis of retroperitoneal masses.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2004; 20: 735-742
- FDG PET/MR in initial staging of sarcoma: initial experience and comparison with conventional imaging.Clin Imaging. 2017; 42: 126-132
- 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/magnetic resonance in lymphoma: comparison with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography and with the addition of magnetic resonance diffusion-weighted imaging.Invest Radiol. 2016; 51: 163-169
- Evaluation of diagnostic performance of whole-body simultaneous PET/MRI in pediatric lymphoma.Pediatr Radiol. 2016; 46: 1258-1268
- Update and new approaches in the treatment of Castleman disease.Journal of Blood Medicine. 2016; 7: 145-158