- •Imaging findings and clinicopathologic features of tuberculosis mastitis are reviewed.
- •Tuberculosis (TB) mastitis is a challenging diagnosis, often presenting with imaging findings suspicious for malignancy.
- •Negative AFB stains and cultures do not fully rule-out TB, especially when a high level of clinical suspicion exists.
- •The diagnosis should be considered in patients with risk factors for TB with a diagnosis of granulomatous mastitis.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- U.S.D.o.H.H. Services Latent tuberculosis infection: a guide for primary health care providers. 2014
- Updates on the risk factors for latent tuberculosis reactivation and their managements.Emerg Microbes Infect. 2016; 5: e10
- Impact of multidrug resistance on tuberculosis recurrence and long-term outcome in China.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0168865
- Update on latent tuberculosis infection.Am Fam Physician. 2014; 89: 889-896
- Use of isoniazid for latent tuberculosis infection in a public health clinic.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2003; 168: 443-447
- Tuberculosis of the breast masquerading as carcinoma: a study of 100 patients.World J Surg. 1995; 19: 379-381
- Breast tuberculosis: diagnosis, management and treatment.Int J Surg Case Rep. 2012; 3: 548-550
- Clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic management of patients with breast tuberculosis: analysis of 46 cases.Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2016; 32: 27-31
- Radiologic evaluation of uncommon inflammatory and reactive breast disorders.Radiographics. 2005; 25: 411-424
- Personalized screening for breast cancer: a wolf in sheep's clothing?.Am J Roentgenol. 2015; 205: 1365-1371
- Incidence and prognosis of synchronous and metachronous bilateral breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 4210-4216
- Epidemiology of contralateral breast cancer.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 1999; 8: 855-861
- Benign breast diseases: classification, diagnosis, and management.Oncologist. 2006; 11: 435-449
- Breast manifestations of systemic diseases.Int J Women's Health. 2012; 4: 35-43
- Differential diagnosis in idiopathic granulomatous mastitis and tuberculous mastitis.J Breast Cancer. 2012; 15: 111-118
- Tuberculosis of the breast: analysis of 20 cases and a literature review.Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2009; 103: 559-563
- Imaging features and diagnosis of tuberculosis of the breast.Clin Radiol. 2017; 72: 217-222
- Evaluation of cultures of percutaneous core needle biopsy specimens in the diagnosis of pulmonary nodules.Am J Clin Pathol. 1997; 107: 224-228
- CT-guided transthoracic core biopsy for pulmonary tuberculosis: diagnostic value of the histopathological findings in the specimen.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2004; 27: 226-230
- Tuberculous mastitis.J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2005; 15: 234-237