- •Pancreatic metastases are mainly from lung and renal cell carcinoma.
- •Metastases frequently show well-defined or lobulated margins and rim enhancement.
- •Metastases rarely show vascular invasion, pancreatic atrophy, or duct dilatation.
- •Imaging might help to differentiate pancreatic metastases from adenocarcinoma.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Imaging features of hematogenous metastases to the pancreas: pictorial essay.Cancer Imaging. 2011; 11: 9-15
- Pancreatic metastases from renal cell carcinoma: the state of the art.World J Gastroenterol. 2011; 17: 4747-4756
- Secondary tumors of the pancreas: an analysis of a surgical and autopsy database and review of the literature.Virchows Arch. 2004; 444: 527-535
- Metastatic renal cell carcinoma to the pancreas: a review.Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2016; 140: 598-602
- Cancer antigens 19-9 and 125 in the differential diagnosis of pancreatic mass lesions.Arch Surg. 2006; 141: 968-973
- Diagnostic performance of computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging for detecting peritoneal metastases: systematic review and meta-analysis.Radiol Med. 2017; 122: 1-15
- Imaging of pancreatic cancer: what the surgeon wants to know.Clin Imaging. 2016; 42: 203-217
- Whole body magnetic resonance in indolent lymphomas under watchful waiting: the time is now.Eur Radiol. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-017-5071-x
- Pearls and pitfalls of imaging metastatic disease from pancreatic adenocarcinoma: a systematic review.Clin Imaging. 2015; 39: 750-758
- Contrast-enhanced multiphasic CT and MRI findings of adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas.Clin Imaging. 2013; 37: 1054-1060
- Pancreatic metastases: observations of three cases and review of the literature.Pancreatology. 2004; 4: 509-520
- Multiple hypervascular pancreatic metastases from renal cell carcinoma: dynamic MR and spiral CT in three cases.Clin Imaging. 2004; 28: 349-352
- Pancreatic parenchymal metastases: observations on helical CT.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2001; 176: 695-699
- Pancreatic metastases: CT assessment.Eur Radiol. 1997; 7: 241-245
- Computed tomography and histologic appearance of pancreatic metastases from distant sources.Acta Radiol. 1989; 30: 615-619
- Secondary tumors of the pancreas: a case series.Anticancer Res. 2012; 32: 1449-1452
- Metastatic disease to the pancreas: pathologic spectrum and CT patterns.Abdom Imaging. 2013; 38: 144-153
- Metastatic disease to the pancreas: an imaging challenge.Insights Imaging. 2012; 3: 165-172
- Metastasis to the pancreas: characterization by morphology and contrast enhancement features on CT and MRI.Pancreatology. 2008; 8: 199-203
- Value of pancreatic resection for cancer metastatic to the pancreas.J Surg Res. 2009; 156: 89-198
- Metastatic disease to the pancreas and spleen.Semin Oncol. 2008; 35: 160-171
- Nonpancreatic primary tumors with metastasis to the pancreas.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1989; 168: 345-347
- Magnetic resonance imaging of pancreatic metastases from renal cell carcinoma.Clin Imaging. 2015; 39: 945-953
- Pancreatic metastasis from clear cell renal carcinoma: diagnosis with chemical shift MRI.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1999; 23: 934
- Surgical treatment of metastatic tumors to the pancreas: a single center experience and review of the literature.World J Surg. 2006; 30: 1536-1542
- Pancreatic resection for metastatic tumors to the pancreas.J Surg Oncol. 2003; 83: 161-166
- Pancreatic resection for metastatic renal cell carcinoma: presentation, treatment, and outcome.Ann Surg Oncol. 2003; 10: 922-926
- Multimodality imaging of neoplastic and nonneoplastic solid lesions of the pancreas.Radiographics. 2011; 31: 993-1015
- Pancreatic metastasis of renal cell carcinoma: multidetector CT findings.Abdom Imaging. 2009; 34: 385-389
- Synchronous pancreatic metastases from asymptomatic renal cell carcinoma.JOP. 2005; 6: 26-28
- Imaging features of solid renal masses.Br J Radiol. 2017; 9020170077
- Update on pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.Gland Surg. 2014; 3: 258-275
- Differentiation between pancreatic metastases from renal cell carcinoma and hypervascular neuroendocrine tumour: use of relative percentage washout value and its clinical implication.Eur J Radiol. 2015; 84: 2089-2096