- •Epicardial fat volume (EFV) is the adipose tissue within the visceral pericardium.
- •Invasive fractional flow reserve (FFR) is a measure of coronary lesion ischemia.
- •We studied the relationship between EFV and FFR in 173 patients.
- •In patients with suspected coronary artery disease, EFV was not associated with FFR.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pericardial fat burden on ECG-gated noncontrast CT in asymptomatic patients who subsequently experience adverse cardiovascular events.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2010; 3: 352-360
- Epicardial adipose tissue is an independent predictor of coronary atherosclerotic burden.Int J Cardiol. 2012; 158: 26-32
- Human epicardial adipose tissue is a source of inflammatory mediators.Circulation. 2003; 108: 2460-2466
- Epicardial adipose tissue as a source of nuclear factor-kappaB and c-Jun N-terminal kinase mediated inflammation in patients with coronary artery disease.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009; 94: 261-267
- Pericardial adipose tissue and coronary artery calcification in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA).Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013; 21: 1056-1063
- Epicardial adipose tissue and myocardial ischemia assessed by computed tomography perfusion imaging and invasive fractional flow reserve.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2017; 11: 46-53
- Incremental diagnostic value of epicardial adipose tissue for the detection of functionally relevant coronary artery disease.Atherosclerosis. 2015; 242: 161-166
- Rationale and design of the DeFACTO (determination of fractional flow reserve by anatomic computed tomographic AngiOgraphy) study.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2011; 5: 301-309
- Diagnostic accuracy of fractional flow reserve from anatomic CT angiography.JAMA. 2012; 308: 1237-1245
- SCCT guidelines for performance of coronary computed tomographic angiography: a report of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography Guidelines Committee.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2009; 3: 190-204
- Clinical expert consensus statement on best practices in the cardiac catheterization laboratory: Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2012; 80: 456-464
- Fractional flow reserve versus angiography for guiding percutaneous coronary intervention.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 213-224
- Volumetric measurement of pericardial adipose tissue from contrast-enhanced coronary computed tomography angiography: a reproducibility study.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2008; 2: 288-295
- Lack of association between epicardial fat volume and extent of coronary artery calcification, severity of coronary artery disease, or presence of myocardial perfusion abnormalities in a diverse, symptomatic patient population: results from the CORE320 multicenter study.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015; 8e002676
- Increased pericardial fat volume measured from noncontrast CT predicts myocardial ischemia by SPECT.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2010; 3: 1104-1112
- Relationship of epicardial fat volume from noncontrast CT with impaired myocardial flow reserve by positron emission tomography.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2015; 9: 303-309
- Epicardial adipose tissue and coronary artery plaque characteristics.Atherosclerosis. 2010; 210: 150-154
- Epicardial adipose tissue in endocrine and metabolic diseases.Endocrine. 2014; 46: 8-15
- Pericardial fat, visceral abdominal fat, cardiovascular disease risk factors, and vascular calcification in a community-based sample: the Framingham heart study.Circulation. 2008; 117: 605-613