- •Compared to CT, MR provides superior soft tissue resolution.
- •MR is an important tool in evaluating the indeterminate cystic mediastinal mass on CT.
- •MR sequences and protocols must be tailored for optimal evaluation of cystic and indeterminate mediastinal masses.
- •Additional information gained after troubleshooting of the mediastinal mass with MR is critical to patient management.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Mediastinal tumors and cysts (collective review).Ann Thorac Surg. 1971; 11: 246-275
- High rate of unnecessary thymectomy and its cause. Can computed tomography distinguish thymoma, lymphoma, thymic hyperplasia, and thymic cysts?.Eur J Radiol. 2015; 84: 524-533
- A modern definition of mediastinal compartments.J Thorac Oncol. 2014; 9: S97-S101
- Classification of mediastinal compartments and multidisciplinary approach to mediastinal masses.Radiographics. 2017 Mar-Apr; 37: 413-436
- Imaging of cystic masses of the mediastinum.Radiographics. 2002; 22: S79-S93
- Anterior mediastinal tumors: diagnostic accuracy of CT and MRI.Eur J Radiol. 2009; 69: 280-288
- Thymic hyperplasia and thymus gland tumors: differentiation with chemical shift MR imaging.Radiology. 2007; 243: 869-876
- Impact of nonvascular thoracic MR imaging on the clinical decision making of thoracic surgeons: a 2-year prospective study.Radiology. 2016; 280: 464-474
- Non-suppressing normal thymus on chemical shift MRI in young woman.J Thorac Imaging. 2012; 27: W196-W198
- Gadolinium retention and toxicity-an update.Adv Chronic Kidney Dis. 2017 May; 24: 138-146