- •We analyze CT perfusion parameters in non-small-cell lung cancer.
- •CT perfusion parameters are similar in adenocarcinomas and epidermoid carcinomas.
- •CT perfusión parameters do not predict the response to conventional chemotherapy.
- •Some CT perfusión parameters are higher in the lower stages.
Materials and methods
Abbreviations:CTP (computed tomography perfusion), NSCLC (non-small-cell-lung cancer), CTx (chemotherapy), RTx (radiotherapy), BF (blood flow), BV (blood volume), PMB (permeability), MTT (mean transit time), MVD (microvessel density), VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor), ROI (region of interest), RECIST (Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumours)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer statistics 2008.CA Cancer J Clin. 2008; 58: 71-96
- Key statistics for lung cancer. (American Cancer Society web site).(Accessed February 2017)
- National comprehensive cancer network clinical practice guidelines in oncology, non small cell lung cancer, version 1.https://www.nccn.org/patients/guidelines/quick_guides/lung-nsclc/treatmentplaning/index.html(Accessed February 2017)Date: 2015
- Twenty-two years of phase III trials for patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: sobering results.J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 1734-1742
- Warburg revisited: imaging tumour blood flow and metabolism.Cancer Imaging. 2008; 8: 81-86
- Imaging of tumor angiogenesis for radiologists (part 2: clinical utility).Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2015; 44: 425-436
- Head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: CT perfusion can help non invasively predict intratumoral microvessel density.Radiology. 2009; 251: 422-428
- Colorectal tumor vascularity: quantitative assessment with multidetector CT. Do tumor perfusion measurements reflect angiogenesis?.Radiology. 2008; 249: 510-517
- Assessment of non–small cell lung cancer perfusion: pathologic-CT correlation in 15 patients.Radiology. 2010; 257: 863-871
- Assessment of tumor vascularity in lung cancer using volume perfusion CT (VPCT) with histopathologic comparison: a further step toward an individualized tumor characterization.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2013; 37: 15-21
- Operable non–small cell lung cancer: correlation of volumetric helical dynamic contrast-enhanced CT parameters with immunohistochemical markers of tumor hypoxia.Radiology. 2012; 264: 581-589
- CT perfusion in oncologic imaging: a useful tool?.AJR. 2013; 200: 8-19
- Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre Imaging Network Group. Current status and guidelines for the assessment of tumour vascular support with dynamic contrast-enhanced computed tomography.Eur Radiol. 2012; 22: 1430-1441
- Perspectives of novel imaging techniques for staging, therapy response assessment, and monitoring of surveillance in lung cancer.J Thorac Oncol. 2015; 10: 237-249
- Tumor response in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer: perfusion CT evaluation of chemotherapy and radiation therapy.AJR. 2009; 193: 1090-1096
- Perfusion CT allows prediction of therapy response in non-small cell lung cancer treated with conventional and anti-angiogenic chemotherapy.Eur Radiol. 2013; 23: 2127-2136
- Dynamic volume perfusion CT parameters versus RECIST for the prediction of outcome in lung cancer patients treated with conventional chemotherapy.J Thorac Oncol. 2015; 10: 164-171
- Quantitative computed tomography imaging biomarkers in the diagnosis and management of lung cancer.Invest Radiol. 2015; 50: 571-583
- Reproducibility of perfusion parameters obtained from perfusion CT in lung tumors.AJR. 2011; 197: 113-121
- Effect of sampling frequency on perfusion values in perfusion CT of lung tumors.AJR. 2013; 200: W155-W162
- Quantitative assessment of lung cancer perfusion using MDCT: does measurement reproducibility improve with greater tumor volume coverage?.AJR. 2006; 187: 1079-1084
- Adaptive 4D volume perfusion CT of lung cancer: effects of computerized motion correction and the range of volume coverage on measurement reproducibility.AJR. 2013; 200: W603-W609
- Dynamic contrast enhanced CT in patients treated with sorafenib and erlotinib for non-small cell lung cancer: a new method of monitoring treatment?.Eur Radiol. 2010; 20: 2890-2898
- Quantitative tumor perfusion assessment with multidetector CT: are measurements from two commercial software packages interchangeable?.Radiology. 2007; 242: 777-782
- First-pass CT perfusion in small peripheral lung cancers: effect of the temporal interval between scan acquisitions on the radiation dose and quantitative vascular parameters.Acad Radiol. 2013; 20: 972-979
- Perfusion CT in patients with advanced bronchial carcinomas: a novel chance for characterization and treatment monitoring?.Eur Radiol. 2004; 14: 1226-1233
- Thorax perfusion CT in non-small cell lung cancer.Comput Med Imaging Graph. 2007; 31: 686-691
- Whole-tumor perfusion CT in patients with advanced lung adenocarcinoma treated with conventional and antiangiogenetic chemotherapy: initial experience.Radiology. 2011; 259: 574-582