- •Colonic strictures in pediatric Crohn's disease can be evaluated with MRE.
- •Pre-stenotic dilatation and luminal narrowing are MRE criteria for colonic strictures.
- •Strictures on MRE correlated with strictures on colonoscopy in most cases.
- •When comparing with surgical findings, MRE was always concordant.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Colonic inflammation in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease: detection with magnetic resonance enterography.Pediatr Radiol. 2017; : 850-859https://doi.org/10.1007/s00247-017-3833-x
- Therapeutic armamentarium for stricturing Crohn's disease.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2015; 21: 2194-2213https://doi.org/10.1097/MIB.0000000000000403
- Endoscopic assessment of inflammatory bowel disease: colonoscopy/esophagogastroduodenoscopy.Gastroenterol Clin North Am. 2012; 41: 271-290https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gtc.2012.01.014
- Differential diagnosis of colonic strictures: pictorial review with illustrations from computed tomography colonography.Can Assoc Radiol J. 2015; 66: 259-271https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carj.2015.01.004
- Long-term evolution of disease behavior of Crohn's disease.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2002; 8: 244-250https://doi.org/10.1097/00054725-200207000-00002
- Textbook of gastroenterology.4th ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia2015
- Bowel imaging in children: a comprehensive look using US and MRI.Semin Roentgenol. 2012; 47: 118-126https://doi.org/10.1053/j.ro.2011.11.003
- Pediatric inflammatory bowel disease: imaging issues with targeted solutions.Abdom Imaging. 2015; 40: 975-992https://doi.org/10.1007/s00261-015-0423-y
- Pediatric magnetic resonance enterography: focused.Pediatr Gastroenterol Hepatol Nutr. 2015; 18: 149-159
- MR enterography–histology comparison in resected pediatric small bowel Crohn disease strictures: can imaging predict fibrosis?.Pediatr Radiol. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00247-015-3506-6
- Detecting inflammation in the unprepared pediatric colon — how reliable is magnetic resonance enterography?.Pediatr Radiol. 2016; 46: 646-652https://doi.org/10.1007/s00247-015-3538-y
- Inflammatory bowel disease in children and adolescents. Assessing the diagnostic performance and interreader agreement of magnetic resonance enterography compared to histopathology.Acad Radiol. 2012; 19: 819-826https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2012.02.023
- Ultrasound features of pediatric Crohn disease: a guide for case interpretation.Pediatr Radiol. 2015; 45: 1557-1566https://doi.org/10.1007/s00247-015-3351-7
- Systematic review: endoscopic dilatation in Crohn's disease.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2007; 26: 1457-1464https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2036.2007.03532.x
- Crohn's disease—when to operate?.Acta Chir Ingosl. 2004; 51: 61-68
- Surgery for Crohn colitis over a twenty-eight-year period: fewer stomas and the replacement of total colectomy by segmental resection.Scand J Gastroenterol. 2002; 37: 68-73https://doi.org/10.1080/003655202753387383
- Technical review on perianal Crohn's disease.Gastroenterology. 2003; 125: 1508-1530https://doi.org/10.1053/S0016-5085(03)01367-2
- CT enterography for Crohn's disease: optimal technique and imaging issues.Abdom Imaging. 2015; 40: 938-952https://doi.org/10.1007/s00261-015-0357-4
- CT enterography: concepts and advances in Crohn's disease imaging.Radiol Clin North Am. 2013; 51: 1-16https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rcl.2012.09.001
- Current status of MR colonography.Radiographics. 2010; 30: 201-218https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.301095519
- MR enterography under the age of 10 years: a single institutional experience.Pediatr Radiol. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00247-015-3431-8