- •Provide an overview of commonly performed surgical techniques for breast augmentation and reconstruction.
- •Establish imaging appearance of normal and common complications of breast augmentation and reconstruction with focus on MRI.
- •Evaluate for cancer in the reconstructed breast including development of implant associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Breast augmentation.Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2010 Dec; 37 (viii): 533-546
- The history of injectable silicone fluids for soft-tissue augmentation.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007 Dec; 120 ([discussion 2041-3]): 2034-2040
- Breast implant classification with MR imaging correlation.Radiographics. 2000 May; 20E1
- Breast implants and breast cancer screening.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2003; 48: 329-337
- Imaging breasts with silicone implants.Eur Radiol. 1999; 9: 349-355
- Diagnosing breast implant rupture with MR imaging, US, and mammography.Radiographics. 1993 Nov; 13: 1323-1336
- Stage of breast cancer at diagnosis among women with cosmetic breast implants.Br J Cancer. 2003; 88: 832-838
- The influence of cosmetic breast augmentation on the stage and distribution and prognosis of women subsequently diagnosed with breast cancer.Int J Cancer. 2010; 126: 2182-2190
- Breast cancer detection and survival among women with cosmetic breast implants: systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies.BMJ. 2013; 346: f2399https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.f2399
- Silicone gel-filled breast implants.FDA Medical Devices, Silver Spring, Md2017 Feb 3 (Retrieved from)
- Capsular contracture around saline-filled fine textured and smooth mammary implants: a prospective 7.5-year follow-up.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001 Dec; 108 ([discussion 2113]): 2108-2112
- The augmented breast: a pictorial review of the abnormal and unusual.AJR. 2011; 196: W451-W460https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.10.4864
- Augmentation mammoplasty: normal and abnormal findings with mammography and US.Radiographics. 1992 Mar; 12: 281-295
- Incidence of internal mammary lymph nodes with silicone breast implants at MR imaging after oncoplastic surgery.Radiology. 2015 Nov; 277 ([Epub 2015 Jun 18]): 381-387https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2015142717
- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL) and breast implants: breaking down the evidence.Mutat Res/Rev Mutat Res. 2014 Oct–Dec; 762 ([Epub 2014 Aug 23]): 123-132https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mrrev.2014.08.002
- Breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma: sensitivity, specificity, and findings of imaging studies in 44 patients.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2014 Aug; 147 ([Epub 2014 Jul 30]): 1-14https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-014-3034-3
- Primary anaplastic large-cell lymphoma associated with breast implants.Leuk Lymphoma. 2011 Aug; 52 ([Epub 2011 Jun 24]): 1481-1487https://doi.org/10.3109/10428194.2011.574755
- Comparison of immediate and delayed free TRAM flap breast reconstruction in patients receiving postmastectomy radiation therapy.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001 Jul; 108: 78-82
- Perforator flaps: evolution, classification, and applications.Ann Plast Surg. 2003 Jan; 50: 90-99
- Breast reconstruction with a transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous flap: spectrum of normal and abnormal MR imaging findings.Radiographics. 2004 Sept–Oct; 24: 1287-1299
- Mammographic and CT findings after breast reconstruction with a rectus abdominis musculocutaneous flap.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1991 Jun; 156: 1159-1162
- Perforator flaps in breast reconstruction.Clin Plast Surg. 2010 Oct; 37 (vi-ii): 641-654
- Breast reconstruction with deep inferior epigastric artery perforator flap: 3.0-T gadolinium-enhanced MR imaging for preoperative localization of abdominal wall perforators.Radiology. 2009 Feb; 250 ([Epub 2008 Nov 26]): 417-424https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2501080307
- Breast reconstruction after mastectomy: a ten-year analysis of trends and immediate postoperative outcomes.Breast. 2016 Dec 15; 32: 7-12https://doi.org/10.1016/j.breast.2016.11.023
- Fat necrosis in free and pedicled TRAM flaps.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1998 Oct; 102: 1502-1507
- Radiation therapy following postmastectomy reconstruction: a systematic review.Ann Surg Oncol. 2013 Apr; 20 ([Epub 2012 Oct 8]): 1313-1322https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-012-2689-4
- Local recurrence of breast cancer in reconstructed breasts using TRAM flap after skin-sparing mastectomy: clinical and imaging features.Eur Radiol. 2014; 24 ([Epub 2014 May 24]): 2220-2226https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-014-3214-x