- •Apparent diffusion coefficient values within pediatric bone tumors increase substantially following chemotherapy.
- •Physical tumor measurements alone may not always accurately reflect treatment response.
- •The average apparent diffusion coefficient value best predicts treatment status.
Subjects and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prognostic factors in high-grade osteosarcoma of the extremities or trunk: an analysis of 1,702 patients treated on neoadjuvant cooperative osteosarcoma study group protocols.J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 776-790
- Treatment of nonmetastatic osteosarcoma of the extremity with preoperative and postoperative chemotherapy: a report from the Children's Cancer Group.J Clin Oncol. 1997; 15: 76-84
- Estimated cumulative radiation dose from PET/CT in children with malignancies: a 5-year retrospective review.Pediatr Radiol. 2010; 40: 681-686
- Evaluation of tumour necrosis during chemotherapy with diffusion-weighted MR imaging: preliminary results in osteosarcomas.Pediatr Radiol. 2006; 36: 1306-1311
- Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging for the evaluation of musculoskeletal tumors.Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2011; 19: 159-180
- Diffusion-weighted imaging in musculoskeletal radiology-clinical applications and future directions.Quant Imaging Med Surg. 2015; 5: 740-753
- Evaluation of cancer therapy using diffusion magnetic resonance imaging.Am Assoc Cancer Res. 2003; 2: 581-587
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging for characterizing musculoskeletal lesions.Radiographics. 2014; 34: 1163-1177
- The value of diffusion-weighted imaging for monitoring the chemotherapeutic response of osteosarcoma: a comparison between average apparent diffusion coefficient and minimum apparent diffusion coefficient.Skeletal Radiol. 2010; 39: 141-146
- Noninvasive assessment of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in osteosarcoma of long bones with diffusion-weighted imaging: an initial in vivo study.PLoS One. 2013; 8e72679
- Comparison of MAPIE versus MAP in patients with a poor response to preoperative chemotherapy for newly diagnosed high-grade osteosarcoma (EURAMOS-1): an open-label, international, randomised controlled trial.Lancet Oncol. 2016; 17: 1396-1408
- Maximum benefit of chemotherapy for osteosarcoma achieved-what are the next steps?.Lancet Oncol. 2016; 17: 1340-1342
- Diffusion-weighted imaging as predictor of therapy response in an animal model of Ewing sarcoma.Invest Radiol. 2009; 44: 298-303