- •DBT VAB is fast, averaging 15 min, and accurate for targeting DBT-detected lesions.
- •DBT VAB yielded actionable pathologies in a majority of cases, requiring surgical attention.
- •DBT VAB should be performed if DBT lesions are not well seen on 2D mammography or US.
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Comparison of digital mammography alone and digital mammography plus tomosynthesis in a population-based screening program.Radiology. 2013; 267: 47-56
- Implementation of breast tomosynthesis in a routine screening practice: an observational study.Am J Roentgenol. 2013; 200: 1401-1408
- Tomosynthesis-detected architectural distortion: management algorithm with radiologic-pathologic correlation.Radiographics. 2016; 36: 311-321
- Preoperative Tomosynthesis-guided needle localization of Mammographically and Sonographically occult breast lesions.Radiology. 2015; 275: 377-383
- Suspicious findings at digital breast Tomosynthesis occult to conventional digital mammography: imaging features and pathology findings.Breast J. 2015; 21: 538-542
- Correlation between ultrasound characteristics, mammographic findings and histological grade in patients with invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast.Clin Radiol. 2000; 55: 40-44
- Likelihood of malignant disease for various categories of Mammographically detected.Nonpalpable Breast Lesions Mayo Clin Proc. 1993; 68: 454-460
- Identifying minimally acceptable interpretive performance criteria for screening mammography.Radiology. 2010; 255: 354-361
- National Performance Benchmarks for modern diagnostic digital mammography: update from the breast cancer surveillance consortium.Radiology. 2017; 283: 59-69
- The National Mammography Database: preliminary data.Am J Roentgenol. 2016; 206: 883-890
- Digital breast tomosynthesis-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy: initial experiences and comparison with prone stereotactic vacuum-assisted biopsy.Radiology. 2015; 274: 654-662
Sabatino V et al. Use of digital breast tomosynthesis as a guide in a consecutive series of 178 vacuum assisted biopsies: feasibility and clinical usefulness. Presented on Nov. 29, 2016 at the Radiological Society of North America 2016 scientific assembly and annual meeting, Chicago IL, 2016.
- Screening for breast cancer: preventive services task force recommendation statement.Ann Intern Med. 2016; 164: 279-296
- Breast-cancer tumor size, Overdiagnosis, and mammography screening effectiveness.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 1438-1447
- Invasive lobular carcinoma: spectrum of enhancement and morphology on magnetic resonance imaging.Breast J. 2003; 9: 13
Moy L, Elias K, Patel V, Lee J, Babb J, Toth H, Mercado C. Is Breast MRI Helpful in the evaluation of inconclusive mammographic findings? Am J Roentgenol 2009;193: 986–993.
- Invasive lobular carcinoma of the breast: mammographic characteristics and computer-aided detection.Radiology. 2002; 225: 182-189
- Reassessment of breast cancers missed during routine screening mammography: a community-based study.Am J Roentgenol. 2001; 177: 535-541
- Digital breast tomosynthesis versus supplemental diagnostic mammographic views for evaluation of noncalcified breast lesions.Radiology. 2013; 266: 89-95
ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group. Comparison of abbreviated breast mri and digital breast tomosynthesis in breast cancer screening in women with dense breasts. Randomized clinical trial (October 2016-present).
☆No financial disclosures or funding information.
☆☆This project underwent IRB approval with a waiver.
☆☆☆This material has only been presented at RSNA Scientific Assembly on November 30, 2016.