- •This is a comparison of surgical outcomes of SAVI SCOUT reflector localization versus wire localization for breast tumors.
- •There are no significant differences in median specimen volumes, positive margin rate, close margin rate or re-excision rate.
- •SSL is an acceptable alternative to WL with no significant differences in surgical outcomes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A multicentered, randomized, controlled trial comparing radioguided seed localization to standard wire localization for nonpalpable, invasive and in situ breast carcinomas.Ann Surg Oncol. 2011; 18: 3407-3414
- A modified needle-hookwire technique to simplify preoperative localization of occult breast lesions.Radiology. 1980; 134: 781
- Radioactive seed localization compared to wire localization in breast-conserving surgery: initial 6-month experience.Ann Surg Oncol. 2013; 20: 4121-4127
- Wire-directed localization biopsy of the breast: an audit of results and analysis of factors influencing therapeutic value in the treatment of breast cancer.Eur J Surg Oncol. 1997; 23: 128-133
- Preoperative localization of nonpalpable breast lesions demonstrated by mammography.N Engl J Med. 1976; 295: 259-260
- Pilot study of a new nonradioactive surgical guidance technology for locating nonpalpable breast lesions.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016; 23: 1824-1830
- Evaluation of the SAVI SCOUT surgical guidance system for localization and excision of nonpalpable breast lesions: a feasibility study.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2016; : W1-W4
- A prospective, single arm, multi-site, clinical evaluation of a nonradioactive surgical guidance technology for the location of nonpalpable breast lesions during excision.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016; 23: 3168-3174
- Beyond wires and seeds: reflector-guided breast lesion localization and excision.Radiology. 2017; 161661
- Radioactive seed localization versus wire localization for lumpectomies: a comparison of outcomes.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2015; 204: 872-877
- A multi-site validation trial of radioactive seed localization as an alternative to wire localization.Breast J. 2008; 14: 153-157
- Radioactive seed localization with 125I for nonpalpable lesions prior to breast lumpectomy and/or excisional biopsy: methodology, safety, and experience of initial year.Health Phys. 2013; 105: 356-365
- Monte Carlo simulation to analyze the cost-benefit of radioactive seed localization versus wire localization for breast-conserving surgery in fee-for-service health care systems compared with accountable care organizations.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 202: 1383-1388
☆We have no disclosures. This was an IRB approved study. This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.