- •Malignancy is rarely a cause of breast symptoms in males.
- •Diagnostic breast imaging successfully detected all cases of malignancy, demonstrating both high sensitivity and specificity.
- •Breast imaging in symptomatic male patients can be useful to establish benign diagnoses and avert unnecessary biopsies.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Gynecomastia in a hospitalized male population.Am J Med. 1983; 77: 633-638
- Gynecomastia.N Engl J Med. 1993; 328: 490-495
- Drug-induced gynecomastia in children and adolescents.Can Fam Physician. 2010; 56: 344-345
- Cancer Facts & Figures 2015.American Cancer Society, Atlanta2015
- Cancer statistics, 2012.CA Cancer J Clin. 2012; 62: 10-29
- Male breast cancer.Lancet. 2006; 367: 595-604
- Overuse of imaging the male breast—findings in 557 patients.Breast J. 2015; 21: 219-223
- ACR appropriateness criteria - evaluation of the symptomatic male breast.J Am Coll Radiol. 2014;
- Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System® (BI-RADS®) 3.American College of Radiology, Reston, Va1998
- Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System® (BI-RADS®) 4.American College of Radiology, Reston, Va2003
- Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System® (BI-RADS®) 5.American College of Radiology, Reston, VA2013
- Outcome of men presenting with clinical breast problems: the role of mammography and ultrasound.Breast J. 2006; 12: 418-423
- The diagnostic accuracy of mammography in the evaluation of male breast disease.Am J Surg. 2001; 181: 96-100
- The role of mammography in male patients with breast symptoms.Mayo Clin Proc. 2007; 82: 297-300
- Incremental role of mammography in the evaluation of gynecomastia in men who have undergone chest CT.Am J Radiol. 2016; 207: 234-240
- Mammography and ultrasound in the evaluation of male breast disease.Eur Radiol. 2010; 20: 2797-2805