- •Differentiation of remodeled left ventricle myocardium of β-thalassemia major from left ventricle (LV) non-compaction disease using cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) imaging is still a challenging task.
- •Among the most used CMR criteria, those based on the percentage of non-compacted LV mass are better than the ratio of diastolic non-compacted to compacted myocardium at a segmental level.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cardiovascular function and treatment in beta-thalassemia major: a consensus statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2013; 128: 281-308
- Cardiac iron and cardiac disease in males and females with transfusion-dependent thalassemia major: a T2* magnetic resonance imaging study.Haematologica. 2011; 96: 515-520
- Left ventricular non-compaction in identical twins with thalassaemia and cardiac iron overload.Eur J Echocardiogr. 2009; 10: 509-512
- Left ventricular noncompaction in patients with β-thalassemia: uncovering a previously unrecognized abnormality.Am J Hematol. 2012; 87: 1079-1083
- Long-term follow-up of 34 adults with isolated left ventricular noncompaction: a distinct cardiomyopathy with poor prognosis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 36: 493-500
- Left ventricular hypertrabeculation/noncompaction and association with additional cardiac abnormalities and neuromuscular disorders.Am J Cardiol. 2002; 90: 899-902
- Isolated noncompaction of the myocardium in adults.Mayo Clin Proc. 1997; 72: 26-31
- Left ventricular non-compaction. Insight from cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 101-105
- Measurement of trabeculated left ventricular mass using cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of left ventricular noncompaction.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 1098-1104
- Value of cardiovascular MR in diagnosing left ventricular non-compaction cardiomyopathy and in discriminating between other cardiomyopathies.Eur Radiol. 2012; 22: 2699-2709
- Evaluation of a web-based network for reproducible T2* MRI assessment of iron overload in thalassemia.Int J Med Inform. 2009; 78: 503-512
- Echocardiographic and pathoanatomical characteristics of isolated LV non-compaction: a step towards classification as a distinct cardiomyopathy.Heart. 2001; 86: 666-671
- Multislice multiecho T2* cardiovascular magnetic resonance for detection of the heterogeneous distribution of myocardial iron overload.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2006; 23: 662-668
- Design and validation of segment-freely available software for cardiovascular image analysis.BMC Med Imaging. 2012; 10: 1
- Normalized left ventricular systolic and diastolic function by steady state free precession cardiovascular magnetic resonance.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2006; 8: 417-426
- Multicenter validation of the magnetic resonance T2* technique for segmental and global quantification of myocardial iron.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2009; 30: 62-68
- Standardized T2* map of normal human heart in vivo to correct T2* segmental artefacts.NMR Biomed. 2007; 20: 578-590
- Trabeculated (noncompacted) and compact myocardium in adults: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012; 5: 357-366
- Comparison of systolic and diastolic criteria for isolated LV noncompaction in CMR.J Am Coll Cardiol Img. 2013; 6: 931-940
- CMR and LV noncompaction: does it matter how we measure trabeculations?.J Am Coll Cardiol Img. 2013; 6: 941-943