- •Significant association between nephrolithiasis and hepatosteatosis detected by CT for suspected renal colic.
- •Significantly higher chance of calculi was found in patients with fatty liver.
- •Significant association between nephrolithiasis and obesity by CT measurements of visceral fat.
- •Fatty liver possibly an intermediate factor influencing calculi creation.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The evolving epidemiology of stone disease.Indian J Urol. 2014; 30: 44-48
- Metabolic syndrome and kidney stone disease: a systematic review of literature.J Endourol. 2016; 30: 246-253
- Metabolic syndrome: a multifaceted risk factor for kidney stones.Scand J Urol. 2014; 48: 414-419
- Idiopathic calcium nephrolithiasis and hypovitaminosis D: a case-control study.Urology. 2016; 87: 40-45
- Calculated insulin resistance correlates with stone-forming urinary metabolic changes and greater stone burden in high-risk stone patients.Clin Nephrol. 2016; 85: 316-320
- Evidence for a distinct gut microbiome in kidney stone formers compared to non-stone formers.Urolithiasis. 2016; : 1-9
- Epidemiology of fatty liver: an update.World J Gastroenterol. 2014; 20: 9050-9054
- Bile acids and dysbiosis in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.PLoS One. 2016; 11e0151829
- Gender and racial differences in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.World J Hepatol. 2014; 6: 274-283
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and risk of incident cardiovascular disease: a meta-analysis of observational studies.J. Hepatol. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhep.2016.05.013
- Radiologic evaluation of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.World J Gastroenterol. 2014; 20: 7392-7402
- Association of renal stone (urolithiasis) with nonalcoholic fatty liver (NAFL).Eur. Congress Radiol. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1594/ecr2015/C-2056
- Association of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease with renal stone disease detected on computed tomography.Eur J Radiol Open. 2016; 3: 195-199
- Association of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) with urolithiasis.Endocr Regul. 2013; 47: 27-32
- Protocol for measurement of liver fat by computed tomography.J Appl Physiol. 2006; 100: 864-868
- Liver fat is reproducibly measured using computed tomography in the Framingham Heart Study.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008; 23: 894-899
- Unenhanced CT for assessment of macrovesicular hepatic steatosis in living liver donors: comparison of visual grading with liver attenuation index.Radiology. 2007; 244: 479-485
- Comparison of CT methods for determining the fat content of the liver.Am J Roentgenol. 2007; 188: 1307-1312
- Macrovesicular hepatic steatosis in living liver donors: use of CT for quantitative and qualitative assessment.Radiology. 2006; 239: 105-112
- The serum vitamin D level is inversely correlated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.Clin Mol Hepatol. 2016; 22: 146-151
- Triglycerides in the human kidney cortex: relationship with body size.PLoS One. 2014; 9e101285
- Mechanisms of diabetes-induced liver damage: the role of oxidative stress and inflammation.Sultan Qaboos Univ Med J. 2016; 16: e132-e141
- Sonographic evaluation of visceral fat by measuring para- and perirenal fat.J Clin Ultrasound. 2008; 36: 129-133
- Evaluation of para- and perirenal fat thickness and its association with metabolic disorders in polycystic ovary syndrome.Endocr Pract. 2015; 21: 878-886
- Preoperative predictors for complications after pancreaticoduodenectomy: impact of BMI and body fat distribution.J Gastrointest Surg. 2008; 12: 270-278
- Increased intra-abdominal fat predicts perioperative complications following minimally invasive partial nephrectomy.Urology. 2013; 81: 1225-1230
☆The authors declare that they have no disclosures to make. The Institutional Review Board at Hillel Yaffe Medical Center approved this retrospective study.