- •Metastatic lesions with a target appearance on HBP in Gd-EOB-DTPA MRI showed a poor response to chemotherapy.
- •Metastatic lesions with a high SI ratio on HBP in Gd-EOB-DTPA MRI showed a poor response to chemotherapy.
- •HBP analysis may be useful to predict the response to chemotherapy and survival.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- MR imaging in the evaluation of hepatic metastases.Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2000; 8: 741-756
- Relationship between CA 15-3 serum levels and disease extent in predicting overall survival of breast cancer patients with newly diagnosed metastatic disease.Br J Cancer. 1997; 75: 698-702
- Prognostic factors for patients with hepatic metastases from breast cancer.Br J Cancer. 2003; 89: 284-290
- Metastatic breast cancer: the role of chemotherapy.Semin Oncol. 1999; 26: 6-10
- Liver imaging. Clinical applications and future perspectives.Acta Radiol. 1997; 38: 626-630
- Hepatic resection in metastatic breast cancer: results and prognostic factors.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2000; 26: 155-159
- New MR techniques for the detection of liver metastases.Cancer Imaging. 2006; 6: 33-42
- Common occurrence of benign liver lesions in patients with newly diagnosed breast cancer investigated by MRI for suspected liver metastases.J Magn Reson Imaging. 1999; 10: 165-169
- Detection of hepatic hypovascular metastases: 3D gradient echo MRI using a hepatobiliary contrast agent.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2010; 31: 571-578
- Gadoxetate disodium-enhanced MRI of the liver: part 1, protocol optimization and lesion appearance in the noncirrhotic liver.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010; 195: 13-28
- Paradoxical uptake of Gd-EOB-DTPA on the hepatobiliary phase in the evaluation of hepatic metastasis from breast cancer: is the “target sign” a common finding?.Magn Reson Imaging. 2012; 30: 1083-1090
- Clinical practice guidelines in oncology: breast cancer.(Available at:)
- Characterization of durable responder for capecitabine monotherapy in patients with anthracycline- and taxane-pretreated metastatic breast cancer.Clin Breast Cancer. 2015; 15: 287-292
- Imaging of metastatic breast cancer: distribution and radiological assessment at presentation.Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2001; 13: 181-186
- Metastasis versus focal eosinophilic infiltration of the liver in patients with extrahepatic abdominal cancer: an evaluation with gadobenate dimeglumine-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2009; 33: 119-124
- Gadobenate dimeglumine-enhanced liver MR imaging: value of dynamic and delayed imaging for the characterization and detection of focal liver lesions.Eur Radiol. 2004; 14: 5-13
- Pathologic findings from the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast Project protocol B-06. 10-year pathologic and clinical prognostic discriminants.Cancer. 1993; 71: 2507-2514
- Centrally necrotizing carcinomas of the breast: a distinct histologic subtype with aggressive clinical behavior.Am J Surg Pathol. 2001; 25: 331-337
- Necrosis correlates with high vascular density and focal macrophage infiltration in invasive carcinoma of the breast.Br J Cancer. 1999; 79: 991-995
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: correlation between the baseline MR imaging findings and responses to therapy.Eur Radiol. 2010; 20: 2315-2322
- Drug resistance and the solid tumor microenvironment.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007; 99: 1441-1454
- The hypoxic cell: a target for selective cancer therapy—eighteenth Bruce F. Cain memorial award lecture.Cancer Res. 1999; 59: 5863-5870
- Hypoxia and anemia: factors in decreased sensitivity to radiation therapy and chemotherapy?.Oncologist. 2004; 9: 31-40
- The desmoplastic reaction surrounding hepatic colorectal adenocarcinoma metastases aids tumor growth and survival via alphav integrin ligation.Clin Cancer Res. 2008; 14: 6405-6413
- Gadoxetic acid-enhanced 3.0T MRI for the evaluation of hepatic metastasis from colorectal cancer: metastasis is not always seen as a “defect” on the hepatobiliary phase.Eur J Radiol. 2012; 81: 3998-4004