Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Adipose tissue in the mammalian heart and pericardium: structure, foetal development and biochemical properties.Comp Biochem Physiol B. 1989; 94: 225-232
- Visceral fat accumulation as a predictor of coronary artery calcium as assessed by multislice computed tomography in Japanese patients.Atherosclerosis. 2009; 202: 192-199
- Visceral adipose tissue area is associated with coronary stenosis and noncalcified plaques.Int J Obes. 2014; 38: 272-278
- Pericardial fat, visceral abdominal fat, cardiovascular disease risk factors, and vascular calcification in a community-based sample: the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 2008; 117: 605-613
- Increased epicardial adipose tissue (EAT) volume in type 2 diabetes mellitus and association with metabolic syndrome and severity of coronary atherosclerosis.Clin Endocrinol. 2009; 70: 876-882
- Relations of epicardial adipose tissue measured by multidetector computed tomography to components of the metabolic syndrome are region-specific and independent of anthropometric indexes and intraabdominal visceral fat.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009; 94: 662-669
- How to interpret epicardial adipose tissue as a cause of coronary artery disease: a meta-analysis.Coron Artery Dis. 2012; 23: 227-233
- Relationship between epicardial fat measured by 64-multidetector computed tomography and coronary artery disease.Clin Cardiol. 2011; 34: 166-171
- A more meaningful scoring system for determining the severity of coronary heart disease.Am J Cardiol. 1983; 51: 606
- Automated quantification of epicardial adipose tissue (EAT) in coronary CT angiography; comparison with manual assessment and correlation with coronary artery disease.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2014; 8: 215-221
- Human epicardial adipose tissue expresses a pathogenic profile of adipocytokines in patients with cardiovascular disease.Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2006; 5: 1
- Echocardiographic epicardial fat thickness and coronary artery disease.Circ J. 2007; 71: 536-539
- Effect of obesity on coronary artery plaque using 64 slice multidetector cardiac computed tomography angiography.Int J Cardiol. 2010; 140: 358-360
- Left ventricular apex involvement in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Echocardiography. 2015;
- Pericardial adipose tissue determined by dual source CT is a risk factor for coronary atherosclerosis.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009; 29: 781-786
- Epicardial fat from echocardiography: a new method for visceral adipose tissue prediction.Obes Res. 2003; 11: 304-310
- Epicardial adipose tissue volume and cardiovascular disease in hemodialysis patients.Atherosclerosis. 2013; 226: 129-133
Guarantor of integrity of the entire study: Yunfei Zha.
Study concepts and design: Chunying Yang, Liang Li, and Yunfei Zha.
Literature research: Chunying Yang and Zhoufeng Peng.
Clinical studies: Chunying Yang and Liang Li.
Experimental studies/data analysis: Chunying Yang.
Statistical analysis: Chunying Yang.
Manuscript preparation: Chunying Yang.
Manuscript editing: Chunying Yang and Yunfei Zha.
Conflict of interests: The authors declare that there is no conflict of interests regarding the publication of this paper.