Abbreviations:CEA (carcinoembryonic antigen), CRC (colorectal cancer), CECT (contrast-enhanced computed tomography), EORTC (European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer), FDG (18F-Fluoro-Deoxyglucose), HU (Hounsfield unit), IQR (interquartile range), LDT (liver directed therapies), MAMAV (mean attenuation in the metabolic active volume), MASV (mean attenuation in the structural volume), MD (maximal diameter measured in the axial plane), PET(−CT) (positron emission tomography (with computed tomography)), RECIST (response criteria in solid tumors), S.D. (standard deviation), SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography), SUVmax (maximal standardized uptake value), SV (structural volume), 99Tc-MAA (99Technetium-macroaggregated albumin), VOI (volume of interest), Y90 (90Yttrium)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Post-treatment imaging of liver tumours.Cancer Imaging. 2007; 7 ([Spec No A]): S28-S36
- New response evaluation criteria in solid tumours: Revised RECIST guideline (version 1.1).Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45: 228-247
- Assessment of response to treatment of unresectable liver tumours with 90Y microspheres: value of FDG PET versus computed tomography.Nucl Med Commun. 2007; 28: 15-20
- The role of early (1)(8)F-FDG PET/CT in prediction of progression-free survival after (9)(0)Y radioembolization: comparison with RECIST and tumour density criteria.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2012; 39: 1391-1399
- Response of liver metastases after treatment with yttrium-90 microspheres: role of size, necrosis, and PET.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2007; 188: 776-783
- 90Y microsphere treatment of unresectable liver metastases: changes in 18F-FDG uptake and tumour size on PET/CT.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2005; 32: 778-787
- Reduction of metastatic load to liver after intraarterial hepatic yttrium-90 radioembolization as evaluated by [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomographic imaging.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2005; 16: 1101-1106
- Modern multimodality approach to hepatic colorectal metastases: solutions and controversies.Surg Oncol. 2007; 16: 71-83
- 90Y microsphere (TheraSphere) treatment for unresectable colorectal cancer metastases of the liver: response to treatment at targeted doses of 135-150 Gy as measured by [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography and computed tomographic imaging.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2005; 16: 1641-1651
- CT evaluation of the response of gastrointestinal stromal tumors after imatinib mesylate treatment: a quantitative analysis correlated with FDG PET findings.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2004; 183: 1619-1628
- Radiologic measurements of tumor response to treatment: practical approaches and limitations.Radiographics. 2008; 28: 329-344
- Comparison of linear and volumetric criteria in assessing tumor response in adult high-grade gliomas.Neuro Oncol. 2006; 8: 38-46
- CT tumor measurement for therapeutic response assessment: comparison of unidimensional, bidimensional, and volumetric techniques initial observations.Radiology. 2002; 225: 416-419
- Does multidetector CT attenuation change in colon cancer liver metastases treated with 90Y help predict metabolic activity at FDG PET?.Radiology. 2010; 255: 164-172
- Correlation of computed tomography and positron emission tomography in patients with metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumor treated at a single institution with imatinib mesylate: proposal of new computed tomography response criteria.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 1753-1759
- New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 205-216
- Measurement of clinical and subclinical tumour response using [18F]-fluorodeoxyglucose and positron emission tomography: review and 1999 EORTC recommendations. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) PET Study Group.Eur J Cancer. 1999; 35: 1773-1782
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; 33: 159-174
- Modified RECIST (mRECIST) assessment for hepatocellular carcinoma.Semin Liver Dis. 2010; 30: 52-60
- FDG-PET in colorectal cancer.Cancer Imaging. 2006; 6: S71-S81
- Assessment of liver tissue after radiofrequency ablation: findings with different imaging procedures.J Nucl Med. 2005; 46: 520-525
- From RECIST to PERCIST: Evolving Considerations for PET response criteria in solid tumors.J Nucl Med. 2009; 50: 122S-150S
- The prognostic value of quantitative parameters of 18F-FDG PET/CT in the evaluation of response to internal radiation therapy with yttrium-90 in patients with liver metastases of colorectal cancer.Nucl Med Commun. 2013; 34: 501-506
- Radiological-pathological analysis of WHO, RECIST, EASL, mRECIST and DWI: Imaging analysis from a prospective randomized trial of Y90 +/- sorafenib.Hepatology. 2013; 58: 1655-1666
- Serial FDG-PET/CT for early outcome prediction in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer undergoing chemotherapy.Ann Oncol. 2012; 23: 1687-1693
- Reproducibility of functional volume and activity concentration in 18F-FDG PET/CT of liver metastases in colorectal cancer.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2012; 39: 1858-1867
- Repeatability of Metabolically Active Tumor Volume Measurements with FDG PET/CT in Advanced Gastrointestinal Malignancies: A Multicenter Study.Radiology. 2014; 273: 539-548
- Comparative assessment of methods for estimating tumor volume and standardized uptake value in (18)F-FDG PET.J Nucl Med. 2010; 51: 268-276
- Multimodality imaging can predict the metabolic response of unresectable colorectal liver metastases to radioembolization therapy with Yttrium-90 labeled resin microspheres.Phys Med Biol. 2008; 53: 6591-6603
- Radiologic-pathologic correlation of hepatocellular carcinoma treated with internal radiation using yttrium-90 microspheres.Hepatology. 2009; 49: 1185-1193
- Role of the EASL, RECIST, and WHO response guidelines alone or in combination for hepatocellular carcinoma: radiologic-pathologic correlation.J Hepatol. 2011; 54: 695-704
- Chemoembolization and radioembolization for metastatic disease to the liver: available data and future studies.Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2012; 13: 403-415
☆Role of Funding: There was no funding provided for this study.
☆☆Conflict of Interest: RS is advisor to MDS Nordion. RS is advisor to Onyx/Bayer. PF and AH received research and educational grants from Sirtex during the last 3 years.
★None of the other authors have any conflict of interest.