Abbreviations:CT (Computed tomography), PET (Positron emission tomography)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A clinical model to estimate the pretest probability of lung cancer in patients with solitary pulmonary nodules.Chest. 2007; 131: 383-388
- Determining the likelihood of malignancy in solitary pulmonary nodules with Bayesian analysis. Part I. Theory.Radiology. 1993; 186: 405-413
- Evaluation and management of solitary and multiple pulmonary nodules.Clin Chest Med. 1993; 14: 111-119
- Epidemiology of lung tumors.Ther Umsch. 2012; 69: 381-388
- Growing PET positive nodule in a patient with histoplasmosis: case report.J Cardiothorac Surg. 2006; 1: 23
- Histoplasmosis mimicking primary lung cancer or pulmonary metastases.J Bras Pneumol. 2013; 39: 63-68
- PET-CT scan positive pulmonary nodule revealing histoplasmosis: a case report.Bol Asoc Med P R. 2010; 102: 47-50
- Evaluation and management of solitary and multiple pulmonary nodules.Clin Chest Med. 1992; 13: 83-95
- Pulmonary nodules resected at video assisted thorascopic surgery: etiology in 426 patients.Radiology. 1999; 213: 277-282
- Histoplasmosis.Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2010; 7: 169-172
- The relation of splenic calcification to histoplasmosis.N Engl J Med. 1955; 252: 887-891
- Guidelines for management of small pulmonary nodules detected on CT scans: a statement from the Fleischner Society.Radiology. 2005; 237: 395-400
- Recommendations for the management of subsolid pulmonary nodules detected at CT: a statement from the Fleischner Society.Radiology. 2013; 266: 304-317
- Lung cancer screening with low-dose CT in an area endemic for Histoplasma capsulatum: minimizing invasive procedures for benign nodules.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011; 141: 688-693
- Reduced lung-cancer mortality with low-dose computed tomographic screening.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 395-409
- Evaluation of the solitary pulmonary nodule.Am Fam Physician. 2009; 80: 827-831
- Lung cancer screening with CT: Mayo Clinic experience.Radiology. 2003; 226: 756-761
- Early lung cancer action project: initial findings on repeat screening.Cancer. 2001; 92: 153-159
- Multiple pulmonary nodules detected by computed tomography: diagnostic implications.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1985; 9: 880
☆Financial disclosures: The research submitted was not supported by any source of funding.
☆☆Sponsors: The research submitted was not supported by any sponsors.
★Conflict of interest: No conflicts of interest: Whittney Warren, Ronald Markert, Elizabeth Stewart.
★★Funding information: The research submitted was not supported by any source of funding.
☆☆☆Prior presentation: The research submitted has been presented in poster format at the Wright State University Central Research Forum on October 24, 2013, and Dayton Area GME Research Forum on April 24, 2014.