Material and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Syndesmology.in: Sarrafian SK Anatomy of the foot and ankle. 2nd ed. Lippincott, Philadelphia1993: 159-217
- Ankle and foot.in: Internal derangements of joints. 2nd ed. Saunders, Philadelphia2007: 2012-2116
Garrick JG. The frequency of injury, mechanism of injury, and epidemiology of ankle sprains. Am J Sports Med 1977;5(6):241:241–242.
- A radiographic study of the ligamentous anatomy of the ankle.Radiology. 1977; 125: 659-667
- Injuries of the foot and ankle.in: DeLee JC Drez D Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: Principles and Practice. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1994: 1705
- Ankle sprains and other soft tissue injuries.Curr Opin Rheumatol. 1999; 11: 132-137
- Anatomy of lateral ankle ligaments and their relationship to bony landmarks.Surg Radiol Anat. 2006; 28: 391-397
- Anatomy of the lateral ankle ligaments.Am J Sports Med. 1994; 22: 72-77
- Rotary stability of the load-bearing ankle. An experimental study.J Bone Joint Surg (Br). 1980; 62: 460
- Variations in fibular position, talar length, and anterior talofibular ligament length.Foot Ankle Int. 2004; 25: 625-629
- Anatomy of the collateral ligaments of the human ankle joint.Foot Ankle Int. 1998; 19: 757-760
- Eniqe Functioneel-anatomische aspecten van ket bovenste spronggewricht.Thesis, Leiden1970
- The surgical treatment of injuries of the fibular collateral ligaments of the ankle.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1961; 43A: 229-239
Inman VT. The Joints of the Ankle. Baltimore: Williams&Wilkins; 1976; p.19, 26, 27, 31, 37, 70–73.
- The posterior talofibular ligament: an anatomical study with clinical implication in clubfoot surgery.Surg Radiol Anat. 2008; 30: 633-637
- An analysis of the function of the posterior talofibular ligament.Int Orthop. 1983; 7: 41-48
- Stability of the ankle joint. Analysis of the function and traumatology of the ankle ligaments.Acta Orthop Scand Suppl. 1985; 211: 1-75