Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Does 2-year stability imply that pulmonary nodules are benign?.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1997; 168: 325-328
- Guidelines for management of small pulmonary nodules detected on CT scans: a statement from the Fleischner Society.Radiology. 2005; 237: 395-400
- Clinical practice. The solitary pulmonary nodule.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 2535-2542
- The solitary pulmonary nodule.Chest. 2003; 123: 89S-96S
- Early Lung Cancer Action Project: overall design and findings from baseline screening.Lancet. 1999; 354: 99-105
- CT screening for lung cancer: suspiciousness of nodules according to size on baseline scans.Radiology. 2004; 231: 164-168
- Lung cancer screening with CT: Mayo Clinic experience.Radiology. 2003; 226: 756-761
- Evidence for the treatment of patients with pulmonary nodules: when is it lung cancer? ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (2nd edition).Chest. 2007; 132: 94S-107S
- Small pulmonary lesions detected at CT: clinical importance.Radiology. 1997; 202: 105-110
- Prospective investigation of positron emission tomography in lung nodules.J Clin Oncol. 1998; 16: 1075-1084
- Lung nodule enhancement at CT: prospective findings.Radiology. 1996; 201: 447-455
- Solitary pulmonary nodule: characterization with combined wash-in and washout features at dynamic multi-detector row CT.Radiology. 2005; 237: 675-683
- Are two-dimensional CT measurements of small noncalcified pulmonary nodules reliable?.Radiology. 2004; 231: 453-458
- Pulmonary nodules: preliminary experience with three-dimensional evaluation.Radiology. 2004; 231: 459-466
- Recognition and incidence of intrapulmonary lymph nodes.Thorax. 1964; 19: 44-50
- Prevalence of pathologically proven intrapulmonary lymph nodes and their appearance on CT.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1996; 167: 629-630
- Intrapulmonary lymph nodes: thin-section CT findings, pathological findings, and CT differential diagnosis from pulmonary metastatic nodules.Acta Med Okayama. 2004; 58: 235-240
- Ultrasmall pulmonary opacities on multidetector-row high-resolution computed tomography: a prospective radiologic–pathologic examination.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2005; 29: 621-625
- Thin-section CT features of intrapulmonary lymph nodes.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2001; 25: 753-756
- Intrapulmonary lymph nodes: thin-section CT features of 19 nodules.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2002; 26: 553-557
- Importance of intrapulmonary lymph nodes in the differential diagnosis of small pulmonary nodular shadows.Chest. 1998; 113: 703-706
- Intrapulmonary lymph nodes. Clinical, radiologic, and pathologic features.Chest. 1985; 85: 662-667
- Small solitary pulmonary nodules (< or =1 cm) detected at population-based CT screening for lung cancer: reliable high-resolution CT features of benign lesions.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2003; 180: 955-964
☆This work was performed at the Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University (New York, NY, USA).
☆☆Author contributions: Dr. Shaham conceived and designed the study, reviewed related literature, interpreted images, created the primary draft of the paper, and revised the paper based in part on inputs from other authors, including the submitted version. Dr. Vazquez reviewed all cytology samples, critically reviewed the manuscript for content, and approved the submitted version. Dr. Bogot contributed to the study concept, critically reviewed the manuscript, and approved the final version. Dr. Henschke contributed to the study concept, critically reviewed the manuscript, and approved the final version. Dr. Yankelevitz performed the biopsies, contributed to the study concept and design, reviewed images, critically reviewed the manuscript, and approved the final version.