Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- ARDS after pulmonary contusion: accurate measurement of contusion volume identifies high-risk patients.J Trauma. 2001; 51 ([discussion 229–30]): 223-228
- Lung contusion: pathophysiology and management.Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2002; 15: 65-68
- Pulmonary contusion: review of the clinical entity.J Trauma Inj Infect Crit Care. 1997; 42: 973-979
- Pulmonary atelectasis: a pathogenic perioperative entity.Anesthesiology. 2005; 102: 838-854
- Early recovery from post-traumatic acute respiratory distress syndrome.Clin Physiol Funct Imaging. 2006; 26: 376-379
- Value of thoracic computed tomography in the first assessment of severely injured patients with blunt chest trauma: results of a prospective study.J Trauma. 1997; 43 ([discussion 411–02]): 405-411
- Changes in contused lung volume and oxygenation in patients with pulmonary parenchymal injury after blunt chest trauma.Am J Emerg Med. 2000; 18: 385-389
- Toward automated segmentation of the pathological lung in CT.IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2005; 24: 1025-1038
- Automated lung segmentation in X-ray computed tomography: development and evaluation of a heuristic threshold-based scheme.Acad Radiol. 2003; 10: 1224-1236
- Automated measurement of single and total lung volume from CT.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1999; 23: 632-640
- An automated method to assess the distribution of low attenuation areas on chest CT scans in chronic pulmonary emphysema patients.Chest. 1994; 106: 1319-1325
- Automatic lung segmentation: a comparison of anatomical and machine learning approaches.in: Palaniswami M Krishnamachari B Sowmya A Challa S Proceedings of the 2004 Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing Conference. IEEE Computer Society, Piscataway, NJ2004: 451-456
- Smoothing lung segmentation surfaces in three-dimensional X-ray CT images using anatomic guidance.Acad Radiol. 2005; 12: 1502-1511
- Classification of parenchymal injuries of the lung.Radiology. 1988; 167: 77-82
- Measurement of alveolar derecruitment in patients with acute lung injury: computerized tomography versus pressure–volume curve.Crit Care. 2006; 10: R95
- Pulmonary contusion. Evaluation and classification by computed tomography.Surg Clin North Am. 1989; 69: 31-40
- Obstructive lung diseases: texture classification for differentiation at CT.Radiology. 2003; 228: 871-877
- Gradient correction and classification of CT lung images for the automated quantification of mosaic attenuation pattern.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2000; 24: 437-447
- Automated lung segmentation for thoracic CT impact on computer-aided diagnosis.Acad Radiol. 2004; 11: 1011-1021
- The American–European Consensus Conference on ARDS. Definitions, mechanisms, relevant outcomes, and clinical trial coordination.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1994; 149: 818-824
- Volume of human lungs.in: Elert G The physics factbook. 2001 (Available at: http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/LaurenCalabrese.Shtml)
- Development of a finite element-based injury metric for pulmonary contusion: Part I. Model development and validation.Stapp Car Crash J. 2005; 49: 271-289
- The pathogenesis of pulmonary contusion: an open chest model in the rat.J Trauma. 2006; 61 ([discussion 44–35]): 32-44
☆This publication was supported by grant no. 1 R49 CE000664-01 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
☆☆The contents of this article are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control.