Primary peritoneal malignant mixed mullerian tumors are very rare. We report the case of a patient presenting with pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen and in whom the physical examination demonstrated a peritoneal mass. Computed tomography (CT) confirmed the presence of a mass, with invasion of adjacent organs.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Tumors of the ovary, maldeveloped gonads, fallopian tube, and broad ligament.in: Rosal J. Atlas of tumor pathology, 3rd series, fascicle 23. Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC1998: 128-131
- Mullerian adenosarcoma of uterus: a clinicopathologic analysis of 100 cases with a review of the literature.Hum Pathol. 1990; 21: 363-381
- Malignant mixed mullerian tumors of the ovary: experience with cytoreductive surgery and platinum-based combination chemotherapy.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006; 16: 101-105
- Malignant mixed mullerian tumor of the ovary: imaging findings.Eur Radiol. 2001; 11: 1147-1150
- Sonography and MRI of Tamoxifen-Associated Mullerian Adenosarcoma of the Uterus.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2003; 181: 1673-1675
- Primary malignant mixed mullerian tumor arising in the rectosigmoid.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2006; 85: 505-507
- Primary peritoneal carcinosarcoma (malignant mixed mullerian tumor): report of a case with five-year disease free survival after surgery and chemoradiation and a review of literature.Acta Oncol. 2005; 44: 756-760
- Primary peritoneal malignant mixed mullerian tumors. A clinicopathotogic, immunohistochemical, and genetic study.Cancer. 2001; 91: 1052-1060
Published online: April 17, 2008
Accepted: November 5, 2007
Received: September 17, 2007
© 2008 Published by Elsevier Inc.