This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Nine cases are reported that fulfilled the criteria for diagnosis of subdural hygroma. With the availability of serial computed tomographic (CT) scans, it is possible to document non-invasively the appearance of CSF-density subdural fluid where no prior blood accumulation has been present.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The subdural space and its lining.Arch Neurol Psychiatry. 1933; 29: 691-701
- Junctions between intimately apposed cell membranes in vertebrate brain.J Cell Biol. 1969; 40: 648-677
- Chronic subdural hydroma and serous meningitis (pachy-meningitis serosa; localized external hydrocephalus).in: Lewis' Practice of Surgery. Volume 12. WF Prior Co, Inc, 1932: 306-310
- Subdural fluid accumulations following head injury.J Am Med Assoc. 1924; 82: 1751-1752
- Subdural hygroma.Arch Surg. 1941; 43: 559-567
- Bilateral chronic subdural hydroma.J Nerv Ment Dis. 1937; 85: 161-166
- Subdural effusions in infants.Pediatr Clin North Am. 1967; 14: 831-850
- Acute post-traumatic subdural hygroma.Radiology. 1975; 115: 373-375
- Subdural hygroma. A report of seven cases.J Neurosurg. 1945; 2: 340-357
- Computerized axial tomography with the EMI scanner.Radiology. 1974; 110: 109-123
- Computer tomography of traumatic extracerebral lesions.Br J Radiol. 1976; 49: 1004-1012
- Surgical pathology of subdural hematoma based on a study of 105 cases.Arch Neurol Psychiatry. 1936; 35: 64-78
- The value of computerized tomography in the management of 1000 consecutive head injuries.Surg Neurol. 1977; 7: 171-183
- Remarks on 33 cases of subdural effusion in infancy.Arch Dis Child. 1956; 31: 44-50
- Computed tomography in head trauma.Semin Roentgenol. 1977; 12: 53-62
- Computed tomography in head trauma.Radiology. 1977; 122: 365-369
© 1979 University Park Press. Published by Elsevier Inc.