This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The CT appearance of normal retroperitoneal lymph nodes has been described. In many instances the structures are too small to be identified. Other retroperitoneal structures, such as collapsed bowel loops, vessels, and other perirenal structures, may simulate the presence of nodes. CT is of great benefit in disease with bulky tumors, such as non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, testicular tumors, etc. Its usefulness is much more limited in disease that may have extensive nodal involvement but no significant enlargement of the nodes. The accuracy of CT scanning in Hodgkin's disease and in many instances of genitourinary tumors is questioned, and we submit that further studies are needed to establish the reliability of this mode of examination.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Accuracy of CT in detecting intra-abdominal and pelvic lymph node metastases from pelvic cancers.AJR. 1978; 131 (Oct): 675-679
- Contribution of computed tomography in the staging and management of malignant lymphoma.Radiology. 1977; 125 (Dec): 717-723
- CT—pathologic correlations in Hodgkin's disease and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.Radiology. 1978; 126 (Jan): 159-166
- Diagnosis and evaluation of retroperitoneal tumors by computed tomography.AJR. 1977; 129 (Sep): 395-402
- Computed tomography (CT) of abdominal paraortic lymph node disease: preliminary observations with a six-second scanner.AJR. 1977; 128 (May): 759-764
- Computed tomography of the retroperitoneal space.Radiol Clin North Am. 1977; 15 (Dec): 377-390
- Computed tomography in the staging of testicular neoplasms.Radiology. 1979; 130 (Feb): 387-390
- The effect of computed tomography viewer controls on anatomical measurements.Radiology. 1979; 130 (Jan): 189-194
- Staging laparotomies in unselected previously untreated patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.Cancer. 1973; 32 (Sep): 672-681
- Letter to the editor.AJR. 1978; 131 (Dec): 1116-1117
© 1979 University Park Press. Published by Elsevier Inc.