This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Malignancies have been described in association with various connective tissue disorders. While such associations may be relatively common in some disorders, such as polymyositis, the relationship between scleroderma and malignancy is more controversial. A case of fibrosarcoma of the tibia in a patient with scleroderma is presented, with correlation of conventional radiography, computed tomography, and histopathology.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Atlas of tumor pathology (second series, fascicle 5). Tumors of bone and cartilage. Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, D.C1971: 280
- Progressive systemic sclerosis and malignancy, pulmonary and nonpulmonary.Medicine. 1979; 58: 182
- carcinoma of the lung in progressive systemic sclerosis: A tubular review of the literature and a detailed report of the roentgenographic changes in two cases.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 1980; 9: 191
- Cancer and scleroderma.Arch Dermatol. 1979; 115: 115-950
- The immunopathology of progressive systemic sclerosis.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 1982; 11: 311
- Epidemiology of fatal systemic sclerosis (diffuse scleroderma): A 15-year survey in Baltimore.Ann Intern Med. 1976; 66: 870
- Systemic scleroderma: A clinical study of 727 cases.Arch Dermatol. 1961; 84: 359
- Pulmonary fibrosis and terminal bronchiolar (alveolar cell) carcinoma in scleroderma.Cancer. 1953; 6: 1147
- La sclerose systemique progressive (sclerodeme) associee a cancer pulmonaire: Presentation de quatre nouveaux cas.Schweiz Med Wochenschr. 1973; 103: 1023
- Adenocarcinoma of the esophagus in patients with scleroderma.AJR. 1983; 140: 927
- Barrett's esophagus with adenocarcinoma in scleroderma.Am J Gastroenterol. 1984; 79: 438
- Pathogenesis and staging of scleroderma.Acta Dermatovener. 1976; 56: 83
- The epidemiology of systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) among male U.S. veterans.J Chron Dis. 1977; 31: 73
- Connective tissue synthesis by scleroderma skin fibroblasts in cell culture.J Exp Med. 1972; 135: 1351
- Increased collagen synthesis by scleroderma skin fibroblasts in vitro.J Clin Invest. 1974; 54: 880
- Collagen in cutaneous diseases.Int J Dermatol. 1979; 18: 251
- Collagenase in scleroderma.J Clin Invest. 1975; 56: 1175
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.