This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Numerous reports of complications of central venous catheters have appeared in the literature. Most often these complications are diagnosed by plain or interventional radiography. Two cases are reported in which computed tomography was instrumental in diagnosing an abnormality that was not obvious on conventional radiography. This report demonstrates the value of this noninvasive technique for rapid and accurate evaluation.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Hydrothorax as a late complication of central venous indwelling catheters.Surgery. 1983; 94: 842-846
- Complications of percutaneous venous catheterization. A report of two cases and review of the literature.Johns Hopkins Med J. 1979; 145: 1-6
- Subclavian venipuncture and its complications.Ann Thorac Surg. 1971; 11: 331-335
- Perforation of the right innominate vein by central venous polyethylene catheter.Br J Anaesth. 1971; 43: 713-714
- Superior vena cava syndrome due to a retained central venous pressure catheter.Chest. 1979; 75: 734-735
- Central venous pressure in optimal blood volume maintenance.Arch Surg. 1962; 85: 563-578
- Surgical infections and thromboembolic complications of central venous catheterization.Resuscitation. 1983; 10: 271-281
- Subclavian vein catheterization: a prospective study.Ann Surg. 1971; 271: 184-200
- Central venous thrombosis: a hazard of medical progress.J Trauma. 1973; 13: 620-626
- Complications of percutaneous central venous chateters.JAMA. 1972; 220: 1455-1557
- Fatal thrombosis after subclavian catheter.Anaesthesia. 1983; 38: 765-766
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.