This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The computed tomography appearance of adrenal hemorrhage secondary to adrenal vein thrombosis is illustrated. The lesion appeared radiolucent, with a small focal calcification, mimicking an adrenal adenoma. Hypercoagulopathy was an underlying factor in this patient with myelofibrosis and chronic myelogenous leukemia.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Adrenals.in: Lee J.K.T. Sagel S.S. Stanley R.J. Computed body tomography. Raven, New York1983: 379-392
- Computed tomography of the adrenal glands.in: Moss A.A. Gamsu G. Genant H.K. Computed tomography of the body. Saunders, Philadelphia1983: 837-876
- Harrison's principles of internal medicine.in: 10th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York1983: 654
- Venous infarction of the adrenal glands.J Pathol. 1976; 119: 65-89
- Adrenal cortical necrosis. An autopsy study.Arch Pathol. 1974; 97: 395-398
- Vena cava tumor thrombus from renal cell carcinoma arising from adrenal vein.Urology. 1984; 23: 538-540
- Castleman B. Scully R.F. McNeely B.U. Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Case 18-1973. N Engl J Med. 288. 1973: 957-963
- Bleeding and thrombosis in the myeloproliferative disorders.Blood. 1984; 64: 1-12
- CT demonstration of bilateral adrenal vein hemorrhage.AJR. 1983; 141: 307-308
- Diagnosis of bilateral adrenocortical hemorrhage by computed tomography.Ann Intern Med. 1982; 97: 720-721
- Computed tomography in the diagnosis of adrenal disease.AJR. 1979; 132: 231-238
- CT of bilateral adrenal hemorrhage with acute adrenal insufficiency in the adult.AJR. 1984; 142: 311-314
- Bilateral adrenal hemorrhage in an adult. Demonstration by computed tomography.JAMA. 1982; 247: 1737-1739
- Ultrasound of coexisting right renal vein thrombosis and adrenal hemorrhage in a newborn.J Clin Ultrasound. 1981; 9: 511-513
- Simultaneous idiopathic adrenal hemorrhage and renal vein thrombosis in the newborn.J Urol. 1983; 129: 574-576
- Adrenal venography and ultrasound in the investigation of the adrenal gland: an analysis of 58 cases.Br J Radiol. 1975; 48: 435-450
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.