This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Axial computed tomography, as well as direct sagittal computed tomography in some cases, was used to evaluate five cases of sacrococcygeal tumors, and the findings are presented. Computed tomography greatly assisted in making a correct preoperative diagnosis and in delineating the extent of the tumors. Direct sagittal scans readily staged these tumors, whereas axial scans revealed extension in the transverse plane, especially for intraspinal extension.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Sacrococcygeal teratomas: analysis of forty-three cases.Am J Surg. 1975; 130: 617-621
- Sacrococcygeal teratoma: American Academy of Pediatrics Surgical Section Survey—1973.J Pediatr Surg. 1974; 9: 389-398
- Clinical and radiographic considerations of sacrococcygeal teratomas: an analysis of 26 new cases and review of literature.Radiology. 1977; 125: 189-195
- Computed tomography of the sacrum: 2. Pathology.AJR. 1982; 139: 1191-1195
- Sacral abnormalities—computed tomography versus conventional radiography.CT. 1984; 8: 41-51
- Computed tomography in the evaluation of lesions arising in and around the sacrum.Radiographics. 1982; 2: 500
- Sacrococcygeal germ cell tumors in childhood: an updated experience with 118 patients.J Pediatr Surg. 1981; 16: 358-364
- Malignant sacrococcygeal teratoma—endodermal sinus, yolk sac tumor—in infants and children: a 32-year review.J Pediatr Surg. 1985; 20: 473-477
- Evaluation of neonatal sacrococcygeal teratoma by DSA and direct sagittal CT.Br J Radiology. 1985; 85: 1120-1122
- Benign and malignant sacrococcygeal teratomas.Surgery. 1968; 64: 834-846
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.