This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Clinically unsuspected pseudoaneurysm formation of the arterial anastomosis in a patient with a renal transplant was initially diagnosed by computed tomography. This rare but serious complication can also be detected by ultrasound or radionuclide flow study, as shown in our patient. An awareness of this lesion and familiarity with its appearance can permit its early detection before exsanguinating hemorrhage occurs.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A twenty year survey of arterial complications of renal transplantation.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1975; 141: 758-760
- Mycotic aneurysm with recurrent sepsis complicating post-transplant nephrectomy.Johns Hopkins Med J. 1977; 141: 85-90
- Mycotic aneurysms in transplant patients.Arch Surg. 1976; 111: 472-476
- Major arterial hemorrhage after renal transplantation.Transplantation. 1979; 27: 285-287
- Salmonella mycotic aneurysm after renal transplantation.South Med J. 1981; 74: 1399-1401
- Pseudoaneurysm of the arterial anastomosis in a renal transplant.AJR. 1978; 131: 525-526
- Prolonged fever and anemia as the sole manifestations of false aneurysm in a transplant patient.Isr J Med Sci. 1979; 15: 910-912
- Episodic hypertension caused by recurrent renal artery lesions following transplantation: A case report.Angiology. 1979; 30: 67-69
- Experiences with cadaver renal allograft contamination before transplantation.Br J Surg. 1982; 69: 482-485
- Post-biopsy false arterial aneurysm of a transplanted kidney: treatment by bucrylate transcatheter embolization.J Urol. 1982; 128: 116-118
- Complications of end-to-side renal artery anastomosis in renal transplant infection.Vasc Surg. 1979; 13: 207-210
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.