This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Broncholithiasis is often not diagnosed by conventional roentgenography and fiberoptic bronchoscopy. Demonstrated here are three such cases of “recurrent hemoptysis of unknown etiology.” The broncholith in each case was clearly demonstrated only by the thoracic computed tomography (CT). We stress that CT is an extremely useful modality in the diagnosis of broncholithiasis and that the true incidence of broncholithiasis could be greater than was previously believed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Broncholithiasis.J Thorac Surg. 1950; 19: 226-245
- Broncholithiasis.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1971; 62: 231-237
- Etiology of broncholithiasis.Dis Chest. 1960; 37: 270-277
- Histoplasmosis producing broncholithiasis.Arch Pathol. 1971; 91: 577-579
- Complications of the arrested primary histoplasmic complex.JAMA. 1976; 236: 1157-1161
- Broncholithiasis.Postgrad Med. 1979; 66: 89-90
- Broncholithiasis.GP. 1966; 34: 127-131
- Broncholithiasis.Surg Clin North Am. 1944; 24: 830-838
- The surgical implication of broncholithiasis.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1975; 70: 779-789
- Broncholith as a cause of fatal hemoptysis.JAMA. 1978; 239: 2153
- Broncho-esophagological association.Ann Otol. 1959; 68: 548-563
- Broncholithiasis, a neglected cause of bronchoesophageal fistula.JAMA. 1956; 160: 555-557
- Egg-shell silicotic calcification causing bronchoesophageal f1stula.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1973; 108: 1384-1387
- Pleural stone.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1968; 56: 120-122
- Broncholithiasis with aortotracheal fistula.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1974; 68: 588-592
- Radiographic manifestation of broncholithiasis.Radiology. 1978; 128: 295-299
- Etiology of pigmented scars in the bronchial mucosa.Am J Clin Pathol. 1972; 58: 654-658
© 1983 Published by Elsevier Inc.