This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Computed tomography (CT) findings in two patients with orbital histiocytosis are described. The main features are (a) replacement of bone by soft tissue, which has an absorption value of approximately 40 Hounsfield units (HU) and is not contrast-medium enhanced; (b) bone expansion at the rim of the lesion; (c) a large intraosseous component and a small extraosseous part; and (d) absence of calcification or periosteal reaction.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Histiocytosis X: Integration of eosinophilic granuloma of bone, “Letterer-Siwe disease” and “SchiillerChristian Disease” as related manifestations of a single nosologic entity.Arch Pathol. 1953; 56: 84-102
- Histiocytosis X: A report of 15 cases in the pediatric age group.Br J Radiol. 1964; 37: 898-904
- The variable roentgenographic appearance of idiopathic histiocytosis.Clin Radiol. 1966; 17: 48-53
- Histiocytosis X.in: 4th ed. Proc R Soc Med. 64. 1971: 333-334
- Histiocytosis X of the ear and temporal bone: Review of 22 cases.Laryngoscope. 1979; 89: 1735-1742
- Histiocytosis X: Current concepts and a report of two cases.Br J Oral Surg. 1979; 16: 219-233
- Localised eosinophilic granuloma (Langerhans' cell histiocytosis) of the orbital frontal bone.Arch Ophthalmol. 1980; 98: 1814-1820
- Orbital tumors evaluated by computed tomography.Radiology. 1980; 136: 101-111
- Computer assisted tomography in orbital disease.Br J Ophthalmol. 1974; 58: 571-587
- Computed tomography of orbital lesions: A cooperative study of 210 cases.Neuroradiology. 1977; 13: 123-134
- Radiological evaluation of orbital metastases, with emphasis on computed tomography.Radiology. 1980; 137: 363-366
- Computed tomography of orbital lesions. A radiological study of 144 cases.Neuroradiology. 1977; 13: 141-150
- Computed tomography of the orbit.CRC Crit Rev Diagn Imaging. 1981; 15: 27-93
- Computed tomography in the diagnosis of eosinophilic granuloma.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1980; 4: 791793
© 1983 Published by Elsevier Inc.