This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Inflammatory mastoid disease with adjoining localized posterior fossa empyema was detected and demonstrated by cranial computed tomography. The patient's hospital course was followed through his antibiotic and eventual definitive surgical therapy by computerized tomography.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Imaging
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Advantage of computerized tomography scan: Diagnosis of an otogenic cerebellar abscess.Arch Otolaryngol. 1978; 104: 542-543
- Bilateral temporal bone cholesteatoma with an associated brain abscess.Ann Otol. 1980; 89: 194-195
- Sinogenic and otogenic brain abscesses—A review of 63 cases occurring at Toronto General Hospital, 1956–1975.J Otolaryngol. 1978; 7: 289-296
- Spontaneous infected pneumatocele secondary to chronic otitis media.Acta Neurochir. 1979; 94: 227-234
- Intracranial abscesses with behavioral changes.Arch Otolaryngol. 1979; 105: 343-346
- Computerized tomography and surgical treatment in intracranial supperationReport of 30 consecutive unselected cases of brain abscess and subdural empyema.J Neurosurg. 1977; 47: 73-78
- Technetium brain scanning in the diagnosis and management of cerebral abscess.Am J Med. 1974; 56: 192-201
- Experimental brain abscess evolution: Computed tomographic and neuropathologic correlation.Radiology. 1979; 133: 113-122
- Computed tomography in cerebral abscess.Radiology. 1976; 121: 641-646
- Computed tomography in meningitis.Neuroradiology. 1978; 16: 13-14
- Intracranial epidural abscess.Radiology. 1974; 111: 117-120
- Computed tomography in the diagnosis of cerebral abscess.Neuroradiology. 1977; 12: 207-217
- Intracranial infections: Investigation by computerized axial tomography.Neuroradiology. 1976; 12: 59-71
- Computed tomography as a guide in the diagnosis and follow-up of brain abscesses.Radiology. 1980; 135: 663-671
- Computed tomography in the diagnosis of extra-axial posterior fossa masses.Radiology. 1976; 120: 333-339
© 1981 Published by Elsevier Inc.